I got this from my uncle almost 2 years ago. I havent been able to find much information anywhere about it. All i know is that its a National Newport 97 valco model and that there arent to many out there. Information can be found at http://www.folkwaymusic.com/instruments/ampgallery.html and it said it sold but did not say a price. If anyone could help me out with this I'd really appreciate it.

Sienna> Everyone Else
Whatever it's worth, I wouldn't sell it. That thing probably sounds amazing.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Here is the closest thing i could find...

Product: National Glenwood mod. 90
Price Paid: USD 200 USED
Submitted 06/11/2007 at 10:09pm by Howard White

Features : 9
National Glenwood Model 90. Made in 1966. Two channels, 1 "normal", 1 with reverb and tremelo. I never use channel 1, sounds weak and besides once I plugged into channel 2, I never went back. Reverb that sounds like GOD! Tremelo that must have been dredged out of the darkest, deepest Lousiana swamp. This machine is probably (along with other Valco made twin combos) the most underrated, overlooked, and tossed in the garbage dump cause i didn't think it was worth fixin' amp ever made. Tube line up is 2 6l6's and 12ax7's, huge 3 spring reverb, 2 12" jensen special design speakers. 2 tone tolex with white piping, fender silver face looking grill cloth. has everything I need in a vintage amp.

Sound Quality : 10
The sound of this amp is very much like a classic fender twin. Very bright, bell like jangly highs, good bottom end, some what lacking in the mids. Breaks up slightly at high volumes, not extremely loud for a 30 watt twin combo. To play over a loud drummer it should be mic'd.
Its strong suit is clean, clean, clean. I use a TS9 if i want a little distortion. The best sounds from this amp is surf with full reverb, country (early Johnny Cash)and blues (SRV) with my TS9. I play a DiPinto Galaxy 4 Los Straitjackets model (4 single coils), DeArmond Les Paul copy, Teisco El Cheapo set up for slide.

Reliability : 5
OK, the bad news. Not really that bad, but not real dependable either. I picked this amp up at an estate sale for $200.00. It had not been used much, still had the original tubes. i'm slowly working out all the bugs, i've had it recapped and i should probably have it gone through completely at some point. I don't play out, but would not gig this one without a backup.

Customer Support : No Opinion
n/a

Overall Rating : 10
I love this amp. If i ever came across another i would pick it up in a heartbeat. It is, in every way I can see (hear), as good as a fender twin of the same era for a fraction of the price. Check out Supro, Valco, Gretsch, National all made high quality gear and can be had for cheap! (well, cheaper)
couldn't tell ya.. i had a national brand guitar. it was nearly perfect les paul copy, no idea on its worth tho..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
things like this aren't really worth selling. its a vintage amp, which is great, and it might sound wonderful, but there just isn't really much of a market for vintage gear unless its fender/gibson/marshall etc etc. you're almost always better off hanging on to stuff like this, because they almost certainly don't go for what they're really worth.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
aye. there's a difference between vintage, and just plain old..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
there just isn't really much of a market for vintage gear unless its fender/gibson/marshall etc etc.

Not true. There's a vibrant market out there, and Valco is one of the hotter companies out there. You probably never heard of Magnatone, either, but those things are fetching upwards of $1000. I know, I want one.

Quote by mr_hankey
A couple of hundred. Maybe around $300.

Conservatively, I'd double that.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Not true. There's a vibrant market out there, and Valco is one of the hotter companies out there. You probably never heard of Magnatone, either, but those things are fetching upwards of $1000. I know, I want one.

i admit, my post was a little simplistic, but i think the essential principle behind it, that a lot of old gear is better kept than sold because the prices it goes for doesnt reflect its worth is accurate. i didn't realise that valco had a growing market, but i think the general point holds true, that just because something is old doesn't mean it will sell for a lot, but equally, just because it it will not sell for much does not mean it is junk.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
If you check ebay, anything Valco is going for a lot of money. Especially something like that with 35W, two channels, and tremolo. Little 12W single channel Valcos go for $400 and up depending on the model.

I'd hold onto it, too, but it's got some real value.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.