ok so i have this video on my computer and its roughly 3hrs long and i want to burn it on a dvd so i can play it in my dvd player. so the problem is i can't fit the whole video on one dvd disc. does anybody know how to go about either splitting the video so i could burn it on 2 dvd discs or a method to fit the whole thing on one disc? the video is roughly 900mb

thanks
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
Use any of the following to re-encode the video so that it is in DVD format and playable on a standard DVD player: Nero Vision/ConvertXDVD/WinAVI. The size is generally insignificant as long as the file isn't absurdly more than the capacity of a DVD which is roughly 4.7GB--then it will have to compress the video and the quality will suffer, but you are well below that threshold
Last edited by Negative Burn at Mar 15, 2008,
thanks man. the program that i was using before just keeps telling me i can only get 133min of video on one dvd disc and i was thinking to myself... man, a dvd holds like almost 5gb... so i guess it just needs to be converted right? or something i don't know lol im so n00b to this
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
how do i know if i have a dual layer dvd?
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands

Quote by nasstyman
how do i know if i have a dual layer dvd?

most likely you dont

go to your local wal mart

and at where they have theyre blank Dvds

look for the ones that say Dual layer

they have basically the space of two of your single layer Dvds

on one disk

so yea

but theyre hella expensive

it cost me almost 30$ for a 10 pack
yeahi was there yesterday to buy dvds lol i think i just got the regular dvd-r's then... it says up to 16x 4.7GB 120min video and the dvds are memorex... what woudl be the best dvd brand?
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands