Page 1 of 3
I've got about $8000, maybe a little more if i borrow some, and i wanna buy a car. I dont want anything from North America, as i'm into all the import tuner stuff. I'm looking at 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6, maybe a Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic, other suggestions? I want something with decent power, and potential. The Tib puts out 170hp+ stock. That would have some jump to it, and it seems like you can tune them well. The Civic doesnt have as much power, but its a civic and theres 100,000 aftermarket parts for them, plus they're reliable. I dont know much about the Eclipse... others?? Thanks.
van.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I have been looking at BMWs, the 95ish 3-series, but even if i find a good one, if anything breaks its going to be really really expensive. Plus its really expensive to modify them.
Honda prelude
Acura Integra GSR
some Audi's are nice and you can find them for around that price
nissan sentra!!! hah i just bought an 04 sentra se-r spec v for just over 10k... i know thats a bit outta your budget, but keep in mind you gotta drive it everyday, put gas in it all the time, you wanna make sure you think its worth it hah the Spec-v's awesome, solid 175hp, rockford forsgate stereo, brembo brakes, dude its sick! aha
Are there lots of aftermarket parts for the Audis? I dont usually hear the name come up while tlaking about tuners.
tiburons are cool. my sisters got a 97(??) not sure what year but its not a totally new one. It's a pretty cool.

...car
<.<
>.>
Quote by cloudconnects
Are there lots of aftermarket parts for the Audis? I dont usually hear the name come up while tlaking about tuners.

Yes. But if by "tuners" you mean stupid body kits, multi-lug wheels, giant rear wings, and obnoxious exhaust tips, then please leave Audi out of it.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
nissan 350

/thread
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Modding is gonna send your insurance premium sky-high, although you're probably aware of that.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I agree with those who said get a van. Not a minivan, get an old utility van. believe me, you don't know how awesome they are until you've had one. I fully plan on getting one again (because my parents sold my old one) and fitting it out as my abode for some travels.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Haha, yeah i dont want all that rediculous ricer crap with really high pitched exhaust. But more performance yes.
Nissan 300zx, they are absolutely king. NIssan 240sx, misterbitchy eclipse, acura integra type R, toyota celica. Just my personal opinion. Me and my freind race around, and these are good choices from what I have seen.
Nissan 240SX, i bet you could even get an early-mid-90s Nissan 300ZX for around $8k. Twin-turbo, 300hp stock, it's a real looker too.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Get the eclipse mate, or look into a getting a golf GTI, I'd deffinetly recommend a golf GTI.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

My mum got a Porsche 944 off eBay (working, with MOT) for $2000.

It had a Stone Roses CD in it aswell.
I skipped the thread after the first bit -- I just bought a Sentra. Best car in the world. Seriously go for one.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Acura Integra GS-R, just picked one up and I think it's a fairly good platform for a project. I had a Honda Prelude before the GS-R and it wasn't that bad. A little on the heavy side but it was still better than any ricer Civic out there. Anything but a Hyundai. Eclipse's tend to not be so reliable and the Civic is well...a Civic. It's underpowered and has almost no torque. A 240sx would be fun though, rwd>fwd.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Last edited by LAGZO at Mar 15, 2008,
tenth generation Cadillac Deville
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Forget the car, go on a guitar + amp spending spree!

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Honda, Tibby's are really poorly made, and Eclipses are problematic at the best of times
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Check out your local JDM automotive dealer if you like foreign cars. You'll get a lot for your money.
Don't buy a Tiburon, there is NO headroom in the backseat, and I am like, 5'9"
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
For 8,000, you could find yourself a Nissan 300ZX. Gorgeous cars, lots of power, great handling. The bad thing about them is that there's no room for passengers and the fuel economy isn't the greatest. The good news is that the VG30 TT has a lot of potential.

You could also find yourself a Mustang GT, preferably 99-04. They have good potential with lots of torque and horsepower, but thanks to its live rear axle and average-at-best front suspension system, don't expect to win any races at the autocross.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
These replies are very helpful, thanks. I think it will be hard to find a 300zx. I like the Acura Integra type-r but the headlights make me sick. I hate them, and after a quick look it doesnt look like i can easily swap them? Anyone know anything about ntegra front ends?
Quote by cloudconnects
These replies are very helpful, thanks. I think it will be hard to find a 300zx. I like the Acura Integra type-r but the headlights make me sick. I hate them, and after a quick look it doesnt look like i can easily swap them? Anyone know anything about ntegra front ends?
I don't know any specifics, but yeah, I'm positive there are alternatives.
Quote by cloudconnects

You can swap the USDM front end to a JDM one. It's not the bug eyed looking headlights but rather horizontal headlights. I think they all come with projecters and some come with HID's from the factory.

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
in my opinion hondas are cheap and reliable. hyndays are good. import cars are good.
i'd get the civic, and if for some reason you have a problem with it, it will be an easy fix because everyone has parts for civics. integra gsr are good cars and look awesome, type r's are too expenisve but worth buying.
i was just looking at the integra type-r and they're had to find. also, with the honda/acura models i hear that you have to make alot of internal engine mods to handle higher horsepower (300+) that you can obtain with bolt-on mods. Anyone know anyhting about moding the honda/acuras with bolt-ons?
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
in my opinion hondas are cheap and reliable. hyndays are good. import cars are good.
i'd get the civic, and if for some reason you have a problem with it, it will be an easy fix because everyone has parts for civics. integra gsr are good cars and look awesome, type r's are too expenisve but worth buying.

Just get a GS-R if you're not going to be taking the Integra to the track. Type R's are made for racing and have less luxeries. A GS-R would be great for a daily driver and "spirited driving". The B series motors respond fairly well to bolt ons so it's not going to be a problem if you want to mod it.

Page 1 of 3