So why does it seem like foreign cars are far more reliable and better built than cars built in the US, but it seems to be the opposite with guitars?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Because guitars and cars take completely different technology, skills, knowledge, and parts/materials to make, and we just happen to be better with the former?
Quote by synpet713192
Because guitars and cars take completely different technology, skills, knowledge, and parts/materials to make, and we just happen to be better with the former?

you're saying that the US doesn't have the technology, skills, knowledge, or parts to make good cars?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
because american car companies are more concerned with making a horrendous profit for their CEOs than producing a quality car.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Car companies = just want to make money.

Music companies = only half of them want to make money.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Zugunruhe
because american car companies are more concerned with making a horrendous profit for their CEOs than producing a quality car.

what he said, nice avatar btw
it's the same with the housing market too IMO
Quote by SoccerRM1
you're saying that the US doesn't have the technology, skills, knowledge, or parts to make good cars?

No, we just make better use of those things for guitars than we do for cars.

EDIT:
Quote by Synpet713192

That cover it??
Just face it, eurupeans got more taste, better desing...just about everything. We have one guy in our country that makes perfect guitars, and i'm not exaggerating, sound, desing...it can measure with any popular guitar brands like Fender, Gibson, Guild..But the problem is in endorsing. It's hard to get thorough that forcefully competition.
Quote by crickey
Just face it, eurupeans got more taste, better desing...just about everything. We have one guy in our country that makes perfect guitars, and i'm not exaggerating, sound, desing...it can measure with any popular guitar brands like Fender, Gibson, Guild..But the problem is in endorsing. It's hard to get thorough that forcefully competition.

what maker are you talking about?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by MrDinkleberry
Car companies = just want to make money.

Music companies = only half of them want to make money.

Thus, foreign companies are better at raping our wallets by making
generic goods (civics, camrys, etc.)
while Americans are superior in creating amazing quality pieces of craft (prs, gibson, mesa)
Think about it. America is really the only industrialized country to mass- produce guitars.

However, America just happens to be sort of low on the totem pole when compared to other industrialized countries' car- making quality. Unindustrialized countries make subpar guitars and subpar cars. Ever drive a Yugo?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Think about it. America is really the only industrialized country to mass- produce guitars.

However, America just happens to be sort of low on the totem pole when compared to other industrialized countries' car- making quality. Unindustrialized countries make subpar guitars and subpar cars. Ever drive a Yugo?

Never had the pleasure of driving a Yugo.
You think if an american brand had a reputation for making a solid car, it would fly off the "shelves".
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
It's an image thing. America has the right image to do well selling luxury goods (guitars) while other countries are better known for technology (Japan) and engineering (Germany)
Quote by SoccerRM1
Never had the pleasure of driving a Yugo.
You think if an american brand had a reputation for making a solid car, it would fly off the "shelves".

We make pretty damn good really, really expensive cars. Saleen anyone?
Quote by crickey
this is a different issue, we're talking about big companies here.

my father happens to make the best reproduction copies of 30's era martin ukuleles today, even better than the original martins, but he only makes a few batches a year. he couldnt be considered a manufacturer, just an isolated incident.

the big companies are what matter, not small craftsmen. individual attention to every instrument will always beat factory manufacturing.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
We make pretty damn good really, really expensive cars. Saleen anyone?

thats true, but as for an affordable car, there's nothing MIA that can really compete.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
A lot of foreign auto companies use plants in the U.S. and Mexico to build their cars.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by SoccerRM1
thats true, but as for an affordable car, there's nothing MIA that can really compete.

I suppose the only explanation is that American engineers can't be bothered with building cars for the filthy peons .
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
A lot of foreign auto companies use plants in the U.S. and Mexico to build their cars.

im not completely sure, but isn't it just more of assembly? I think most of the parts are made elsewhere.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
im not completely sure, but isn't it just more of assembly? I think most of the parts are made elsewhere.

Actually, they did a study and the Toyotas made in America had more American- made parts in them than Fords and Chevrolets.
/facepalms

Ever hear of a GMC Denali? Cadillac? How about a GTO? or maybe a Corvette Z06?

I will admit that the quality of American made products has dwindled somewhat, but come on. The only reason is because the amount of money it costs to produce ANYTHING in the United States.

As far as reliability, I know people who have 300,000 miles on their Ford trucks. Furthermore, in America it is easier to get parts for domestic cars.

And BTW, most foreign owned car companies actually build their cars in the U.S., Toyota and Honda included.
Quote by imgooley
/facepalms

Ever hear of a GMC Denali? Cadillac? How about a GTO? or maybe a Corvette Z06?

I will admit that the quality of American made products has dwindled somewhat, but come on. The only reason is because the amount of money it costs to produce ANYTHING in the United States.

As far as reliability, I know people who have 300,000 miles on their Ford trucks. Furthermore, in America it is easier to get parts for domestic cars.

And BTW, most foreign owned car companies actually build their cars in the U.S., Toyota and Honda included.

How many of those cars can you get for under $30,000?

Sure, there are instances where trucks can last very long, but it's definitely not the norm.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
that's because the work force is much cheaper, i know you know that
ive had two low cost fords, both of which had constant problems, and both of which died within a year to the degree that they werent worth fixing. and we have a honda that has 200 thousand miles on it.
*cough* mustang *cough*

my favourite car of all time

the old ones of course
It's because of what cars they're trying to build..while US cars are mostly about features, foreign car companies (ex. japanese, etc.) create reliable and cheaper cars. US cars are not bad..but they fail to meet enviormental policies in some countries because they spend more gas than others. since you can get a very reliable car that's cheaper to buy and maintain, why get something else?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

My dream guitar AND car are both American 2005 Ford Mustang GT500 Black with whites racing stripes and a worn out sunburst Fender strat, like SRV's, but without SRV written on the plate

But, i do see where youre coming from...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
the problem is the unions and the corporate scumbags... it's greed through the whole line from CEO to the guy that puts the lug nuts on the left side of the car (yes, they have one guy for the left side and the right side and they BOTH make over $30 an hour). They worry more about making money and doing less work than they worry about quality. Ever see the movie Gung Ho? The american company scrambles to make production volume numbers that rival the japanese maker but the car falls apart at the end of the movie... do we see this in real life? i think we do! i used to buy american cars but one by one they would die out. I've driven the crappiest of crap japanese cars and they can still take the abuse and keep running. I had this 1989 toyota tercel... basically a boot with wheels... little 4 speed stick shift, 140,000 miles... wouldn't pass inspection but the damn car was built like a tank. I bought it for 300 and sold it for 400
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology