Hey everyone. I am looking to buy a new amp, because my starter amp (that I have put up with for nearly 4 years) has died. I have played guitar for about 5 years, and play mostly rock on electric guitar, and fingerstyle on acoustic. I am more into acoustic than electric at the moment, but that is due to my terrible amp :P I really want to get back into playing more electric guitar. Things like radiohead, muse, classic rock, RHCP and similar styles of music.

The amp will be used in my room, so I won't need a big one. That's what attracted me to the Roland Cube 30. I have used it before, and it sounded alright, but there is probably a better option for around the same price. Obviously, a tube amp won't be ideal as I can't crank it due to room mates and such.

Is it worth shelling out a little more? I live in Australia for reference. It is cheaper for me to get the cube 30 on ebay, shipped from AMERICA...than it is to get it here.

edit: for clarification, I want something that will sound good with my acoustic guitar, as well as my electric. Thanks
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
i have a 60 but i also play a different genre of music.
i absoultely LOVE my 60, best $300 i've spent.

i dont think you're going to get a better SS amp for that price, the 30 is a great amp.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
i have a 60 but i also play a different genre of music.
i absoultely LOVE my 60, best $300 i've spent.

i dont think you're going to get a better SS amp for that price, the 30 is a great amp.

heh. 300 dollars? so that's 320 Australian dollars. Cool. Now, look. https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=533

675 dollars. This country is a joke. /rant.

edit: 569 at another place.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Last edited by mooshoepork at Mar 15, 2008,
I've got a Vox DA5 which I can recomend for classic rock sounds. It's less than £100 in the UK, has 11 amp models, 3 of which are high gain metal ones that I never use, and two of which are clean and worth trying with an electro. I've heard a lot of people say that with small solid state amps: Vox for classical rock, Roland for metal.