ok so i got a cheap little squier double fat strat with a red satin finish and 2 duncan designed humbuckers for only $50, and it looks beautiful. the only problem is that it didnt come with strings, so i had to string it myself, and since it's a floating trem, it is impossible. ive always had a guitar with a stop tail piece so i tried tuning it like i would with those, and that didn't work. then i tried adjusting the fine tuning parts (height of each string, etc), and it never seems to stay in tune. help anyone?
hence it being only $50.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Well, it would help to tighten down the bridge with the claw under the back plate. Some heavier springs maybe... put graphite in the nut. Tons of things.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
no, its not a locking trem, just a floating one. its pretty crappy, but once i gather enough money and info about locking trems, im gonna upgrade it.

btw i bought it from a friend, who most likely messed around with it. but for 50 bucks, it's worth the hassle
Quote by fretboard88
ok so i got a cheap little squier double fat strat with a red satin finish and 2 duncan designed humbuckers for only $50

you answered your own question.