Page 1 of 2
So anyone know how to get his guitar tone..?
Specifically in the song Tribute To Randy
and for both lead and rythm parts..
both have great tones and you can really hear the unique sound of his tone in bass/ drum intro thing when he plays the first half of the intro guitar riff much higher on the fretboard.
if that made any sense

but yeah.. how do I get either guitar tone?
rythm or lead, they both sound great..

I know he has some t-rex overdrive pedal.. could that really do it?

---
and here's the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMLWNzCXP4

not that great of quality since it's a stupid guitar hero thing.. but I couldn't find a video with the audio version of the song :X
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Mar 15, 2008,
Lots of saturations and no definition. You know, typical shred tone?

A high gain amp would do it. British voiced would be nice. He doesn't have too many mids in his tone either.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm guessing that, like most shredders, MAB uses his OD to boost the amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, I know he definatley does.
you can hear alot of overdrive in his tone but I'm just wondering what else I would need to get his tone.
That'd be it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Actually Hatebreeder, he has plenty of mids, but little of everything else in his tones. He talked to us a bit about his sound last year at national guitar workshop. He was using JCM2000's live for the event....I think DSL50's, but I'm not sure. I was a bit too far away to see clearly. He uses a delay pedal with a pretty short repeat. He also uses his signature T-Rex Overdrive pedals at times. EQ wise, he likes a frown as opposed to a smile, and likes to boost the 1k frequencies.
Quote by TheShred201
Actually Hatebreeder, he has plenty of mids, but little of everything else in his tones. He talked to us a bit about his sound last year at national guitar workshop. He was using JCM2000's live for the event....I think DSL50's, but I'm not sure. I was a bit too far away to see clearly. He uses a delay pedal with a pretty short repeat. He also uses his signature T-Rex Overdrive pedals at times. EQ wise, he likes a frown as opposed to a smile, and likes to boost the 1k frequencies.

Jeez really?

From what I remember from his Nitro days, he did not have a lot of mids in his guitar tone.

I guess I have to go give him a listen again.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
sounds like he has a fair bit of delay like you said.
I think he uses a t-rex digital delay pedal.
I don't know who made his delay pedal. I believe that he used the neck pickup primarily for leads, and bridge for rythm, but I could be incorrect there.

And Hatebreeder, yes really (unless he's lying in guitar magazines & the workshop I was at....he's going to be at the one in LA this year). I never listened to him with nitro. His tone was probably different then.
Yeah it was and oh @ pickups o.O
guess I'll have to get myself a decent delay pedal and his overdrive and see if it works..
Nah, his signature was made after his CD hands without shadows.
and I believe he plays on a Marshall half stack normally, or uses a randall cabinet or something.
there's a bunch of info that I looked up a second ago on his site angelo.com
in the equipment or gear section of whatever it says everything he uses.
No, seriously, I was there. He churned a giant vat of doo doo butter right into the pre-amp and speaker of his amp. Sounded exactly like him so I was pretty envious his tone after that, obviously.

EDIT: oh and thebrewfan...you dont have the dynacomp or the ts-808. THATS A BLATANT LIE phony.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Last edited by HeartInACage at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by TheShred201

well I saw him live last summer and he was using an amp that I did not recognize (it wasn't the marshalls u were talking bout)
------------
OhMyGosh123
He does lol :P

alot of guitar players do.. you'd never expect them to sound that way

but if I played like Michael I wouldn't care what my voice sounded like :X
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Lots of saturations and no definition. You know, typical shred tone?

A high gain amp would do it. British voiced would be nice. He doesn't have too many mids in his tone either.

honestly thats true apart from the mids part

terrible tone.
he has a tone?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by TheShred201

Oh my god, you were there too? NGW at Canterbury, Connecticut? He was awesome.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by TechnicolorType
He does lol :P

alot of guitar players do.. you'd never expect them to sound that way

but if I played like Michael I wouldn't care what my voice sounded like :X

If I played like the tard, I'd have a lot more to worry about.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TechnicolorType
and really daves, you can't say much after having that mp3 in your profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/davedoom/

the chords make it sound like you recorded it with a usb mic in a box.

He can say whatever the hell he wants. You dont even have any MP3's in your profile.

Quote by TechnicolorType
Very mature.

hypocrite
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by TechnicolorType
and really daves, you can't say much after having that mp3 in your profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/davedoom/

the chords make it sound like you recorded it with a usb mic in a box.

yeah, i have explained time and time again to people - i had to record with a pissy pedal (mic in a box is pretty much correct - on my pc) , this is not recording i am happy with, though i put it down to just demonstrate a song i wrote...

you have also put down an opinion you silly tit and im surprised you actually listened to that song since the first 10s did not have 130nps at 1000bpm.....

thanks for that. new mp3s up soon - and check the sig mate - i KNOW tone.

please put mp3s up of you beating off your guitar. many thanks again.
Quote by kool98769
He can say whatever the hell he wants. You dont even have any MP3's in your profile.

hypocrite

It isn't the point whether I have them, it wasn't between my music and his, it was batios and his.

not the point, but I'd have mp3s up if I didn't get this error when I try uploading:
"The sample rate of your mp3 is not a multiple of 11.025 kHz. Please encode your mp3 file at 11.025 kHz , 22.050 kHz or 44.100 kHz."

even though all of mine are 44.100 like most music.
Quote by TechnicolorType
It isn't the point whether I have them, it wasn't between my music and his, it was batios and his.

not the point, but I'd have mp3s up if I didn't get this error when I try uploading:
"The sample rate of your mp3 is not a multiple of 11.025 kHz. Please encode your mp3 file at 11.025 kHz , 22.050 kHz or 44.100 kHz."

even though all of mine are 44.100 like most music.

what are you recording with?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
so whats his eq roughly ? ive been wanting his tone for ages now...

whats with the MAB hate tho? this thread reeks of jealousy...hes better than you! get over it!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Boost Mids, cut treb and bass back a bit. If you have graphic EQ, Boost the 1k frequency. The rest of it is up to your amp. You'll have to play with it a bit yourself to try to figure it out, but if you work with that as a base it shouldn't be too hard (if you can get close with your amp).
So basically he has high mids..?
and whats this graphic eq.. I've hardly ever done much with eqs so what is this needed for?

and yeah metallicafan..
too much hate on him, I come here asking for help on getting his tone but everyone bashes him instead.

edit:
ohh.. sheesh
looked up his stuff, so he uses the 200 dollar overdrive pedal, and the 400 dollar t-rex digital delay pedal.. some kind of eq? the 160 dollar peavey graphic eq??

.-.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Mar 16, 2008,
Ooh oh o.O

so if I get my tone close to his just settings wise.. like with the mids.
It somewhat resembles it.. but it sounds lik crap on rythm parts, but if I switch to bridge pickup for those it then sounds too trebley..
like his are but he has a good crunch to them and stuff.
I was not ****ting on him. I was only ****ting in my amp to achieve his wondrous tone. 200$ overdrive is a waste of money when you can easily get it with a 5$ plate of lo mein.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
dont we all?
So you've never paid for food?

dumpster diving is never the answer. Get a job ya bum.
Page 1 of 2