Basically, my friends were screwing around and throwing stuff at each other, and a poker chip hit my less than week old Schecter Gryphon guitar, which did not make me very happy. Now there is sort of a dent in it. I was wondering if there are places out there that will be able to repair it. Thanks.
stukko and touch up paint.

or shoe goo and touch up paint.

thats assuming you dont want to spend a lot.
a poker chip can do that wow

well you could dent all of it, so no one will notice the dent

no but seriously, you could try adding a tiny bit of paint over it, but I don't really think anyone apart from you will notice the dent
Quote by linknchuk
stukko and touch up paint.

or shoe goo and touch up paint.

thats assuming you dont want to spend a lot.

If you use the stukko/shoe goo, make sure your scrape it or sand it down after it dries before you paint it. Otherwise it will stand out -
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by Vinnie9
If you use the stukko/shoe goo, make sure your scrape it or sand it down after it dries before you paint it. Otherwise it will stand out -

yeah.

is the scratch on the front or back.
Buy that super puddy stuff thats always on commercials with that guy from Oxi clean that yells a lot. apparently that stuff can do anything.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
I assume the Gryphon is a poly-finished guitar, in which case my advice is...don't bother. To make any difference you'd likely have to strip half the finish off the guitar. I suppose you could have a go at taking it back to the store and blagging a refund but I'd just leave it; it's no big deal, surely?
Quote by Flying Afros
Buy that super puddy stuff thats always on commercials with that guy from Oxi clean that yells a lot. apparently that stuff can do anything.

Hahahahahahaaha.
It's in the front. Here is a picture. Sorry for the quality. My only camera is my phone.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5271/denteu5.jpg

So you guys think I should leave it? I ordered it online, so I don't know if I could take it back either. I just liked the guitar so much and now it has this tiny imperfection staring at me.

Thanks for the help though guys. I appreciate it.

Just out of curiosity, where can I find this stukko and touch up paint?
Quote by J rock
leave it! sounds like a good story for down the road

i could see it now. 10 years down the road.

curious guy: where did that dent come from

dohlfhauldhagen: oh yeah man it was epic... like we were throwing poker chips right... and lo and behold one of those suckers hit my guitar.

curious guy: what a faggot.... I thought something cool actually happened

ps no dont leave it... it will make you look cheap.
Quote by linknchuk
i could see it now. 10 years down the road.

curious guy: where did that dent come from

dohlfhauldhagen: oh yeah man it was epic... like we were throwing poker chips right... and lo and behold one of those suckers hit my guitar.

curious guy: what a faggot.... I thought something cool actually happened

ps no dont leave it... it will make you look cheap.

well when you tell the story like that... sure it sounds gay. Tell the story right, it could be good.
Quote by J rock
well when you tell the story like that... sure it sounds gay. Tell the story right, it could be good.

What preytell would you say...
The lesson is dont start throwing stuff with your friends while your brand new guitar is strapped to you. And no probably isnt a whole lot that can be done. It wont be the last time it gets banged into something or scratched so the first one is out of the way now.
I wouldn't do anything, just leave it. My guitar is full of dents because my strap has parts that is metal. After yesterday, when it did not one, but two ugly ones that cracked a tiny bit of the finish it's not coming near it again. I will go and buy a new strap that not have metal parts.
Don't bother. You run the risk of making it more obvious after trying to fix it because you don't know what you're doing. **** happens, and you'll probably get more dents.
Honestly, you should just leave it. If you try to fix, you'll make it look worse. Filling dents is a bitch, especially with all those clear coats they put on top of the paint.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
That dent looks like it was hit with something heavier than a poker chip! Dan Erlewine has some good tips on finish touchups. You can go to the STEW-MAC website and probably get some free info on this problem. I have his book, Guitar Player Repair Guide 2nd Edition and he quotes on poly finsh touch ups...."Poly drop fills: Use super glue on the catalyzed finishes, it clings the best. Because nothing dissolves these finishes, don't expect a poly repair to look as invisible as one done in lacquer. A clear crater always shows aftter polishing (imagine a drop of clear vegetable oil floating on clear water - that's the look)."
Small dents can be repaired with a damp cloth layed over the dent. Then apply an iron to it for a minute or two. Or you can just leave a damp cloth on it for a couple of days. The moiture causes it to swell and the dent will disappear.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
put a cloth over the wood and put an iron on it the heat will make the wood swell back out
Quote by dohlfhauldhagen
It's in the front. Here is a picture. Sorry for the quality. My only camera is my phone.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5271/denteu5.jpg

So you guys think I should leave it? I ordered it online, so I don't know if I could take it back either. I just liked the guitar so much and now it has this tiny imperfection staring at me.

Thanks for the help though guys. I appreciate it.

Just out of curiosity, where can I find this stukko and touch up paint?

A poker chip did that? did you happen to modify a paintball gun to shoot poker chips?
Keeping it real since '92