any good source material out there that explains key centers and how they work?
Last edited by motorcycleboy at Mar 15, 2008,
I google'd "key centres music" and I have no I idea what they were and this is the result I got.

http://www.maximummusician.com/MusicTheoryForGuitarists.htm

For your future knowledge this is how you should go about finding information

1) Google it.

2) Search a forum for it

3) Once you are sure theres nothing on google and no threads, post it on a forum.

4) Make sure you post in a relative forum, this should really go in musicians talk where they discuss theory and everything.

EDIT - please dont say "I googled it but nothing came up", really gripes me when people dont google/dont google properly

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
I google'd "key centres music" and I have no I idea what they were and this is the result I got.

http://www.maximummusician.com/MusicTheoryForGuitarists.htm

For your future knowledge this is how you should go about finding information

1) Google it.

2) Search a forum for it

3) Once you are sure theres nothing on google and no threads, post it on a forum.

4) Make sure you post in a relative forum, this should really go in musicians talk where they discuss theory and everything.

EDIT - please dont say "I googled it but nothing came up", really gripes me when people dont google/dont google properly
or i could just ask the question on a forum related to the instrument i play.......there are two kinds of people....those who are helpful and those who get enjoyment from giving people a hard time.....i see nothing wrong with my post and quite a bit wrong with the tone of your reply......i fail to see how telling me about something i have not done "gripes you" and frankly i dont really care
Quote by motorcycleboy
or i could just ask the question on a forum related to the instrument i play.......there are two kinds of people....those who are helpful and those who get enjoyment from giving people a hard time.....i see nothing wrong with my post and quite a bit wrong with the tone of your reply......i fail to see how telling me about something i have not done "gripes you" and frankly i dont really care

First of all dickwad, don't insult the regulars.

Second of all google was made for this type of thing. Use it.
Quote by Captain Insano
First of all dickwad, don't insult the regulars.

Second of all google was made for this type of thing. Use it.
ill speak as i please to those who feel its their god given duty to give me grief,you included.....being regular does not make you correct or intelligent,only regular.....when you start paying my bills you can tell me what to do. hopefully you will learn after you grow up that you dont get to spend your days scolding people for what essentially is none of your business
Welcome to Bass Forum. There's three things you'll learn here: 1. Regulars are always correct and intelligent. 2. We don't care for people who think they're better than everyone else. 3. We're not assholes, just tired of questions (usually stupid ones) that can be answered with a little searching. And 4. Fitz is the Supreme Deity of Bass Forum. Yes, that was four, instead of three things.

BTW, this belongs somewhere else. Like Musician Talk, where you're supposed to talk about general theory, which this is.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
thats the kind of reasoning i would expect from a fourteen year old..............because you have made some friends on a forum does not bestow any great wisdom on you either.....if you infer that my unwillingness to be chastised by your playground buddies makes me feel superior in any way.......i think not..........it definitely is not my nature......but if you and your pals wish to start giving me a hard time so be it.....but i wont sit still and let you or anyone else insult me....... ill say it again, grow up
Last edited by motorcycleboy at Mar 16, 2008,
Here's what I am going to do folks.

I am going to close this thread, before anyone gets upset enough to get warned or in several cases in this particular thread, potentially banned.

Motorcycleboy, this does belong in the general theory forum. Normally, I would just pick up and move the thread, but in its present state, its not going to get you much of an answer in that forum. So my recommendation is that you re-post in the right forum. And breathe, Jon was trying to give you some survival skills to using UG effectively. The folks in the musicians talk forum are very knowledgeable btw.