I have a Roland Cube 30x, and I'm looking into a bigger amp. Should I go with the 60 watt version, or something else? If something else, then what?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Aren't those expensive though? I've got about $350-$400 to spend. And the only reason I need a bigger amp is because my 30x isn't loud enough for some of the gigs I play (as in I can't hear my own amp that I'm standing 10 feet away from).
Quote by DevilsDance76

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Do you mic it?

And yeah they are expensive, but I bet there are some out there in your range, maybe used ones.

I'm not the guy to ask about what amps though, somebody else should be able help you though.
I mic it sometimes, but its not always an option.
I like those peaveys, but (and I feel like such a noob asking this) whats the actual difference between tube amps and SS amps? Besides the fact that one uses tubes.
Quote by DevilsDance76

Quote by rigeljs
I mic it sometimes, but its not always an option.
I like those peaveys, but (and I feel like such a noob asking this) whats the actual difference between tube amps and SS amps? Besides the fact that one uses tubes.

SS amps use circuits to replicate the sound of tubes, and fail
tubes are much louder as well, as SS amps cut some of the harmonics