I was looking at OD pedals on musicians friend and the one i was looking at had a couple of sound clips. I really like one of the chord progressions in the clip but my ear isn't developed enough yet to be able to tell what it is. I think that it is all powerchords but im not sure. It's not long and i would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the chords are. Thanks in advance.

chord progression
its D C G ... which I think is something like i vii iv (1 7 4)
"The sounds of the universe were joined together according to musical concord" -Plato

Quote by adamungar1
Don't quote me, but I think it's a requirement to pledge allegiance if you're running for president :S

myspace.com/musicartenergy
AIM: enmusicerartgy
|--------------------5--5--|
|--7--8--7--5--6--5--5--8--|
|--7--7--7--5--5--5--6--6--|
|--7--7--7--5--5--5--7--5--|
|--5--5--5--3--3--3--7--7--|
|--------------------5--5--|
I don't think he knows wut that means...i think its like a 4 string power chord with a changing extension for example(not actual chord used it least I don't think so)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
11--11---12---11----9-----9----11----9-----7---7---7---9--7-----
9----9-----9----9-----7-----7-----7-----7-----5---5---5---5--5-----

that could be it depend on tuning, real chord or power chords, but thats an example of something that sounds kind of similar by all means correct me if Im wrong on the style. I know im probably wrong on the actual chords i used, but that (I think) is the right structure for the chord itself.
It's V IV I

EDIT: D major has D F# A C. C major has C E G B. G major has G B D F#. All of those notes are of G Major (Ionian mode). Therefore, the D acts as the V, the C acts as the IV and the G is the Tonic.
Last edited by st.stephen at Mar 15, 2008,