not really...not with emg's. thats the only thing I have against them... you cant get any hum or feedback... an essential with rock.
^ EMGs don't completely eliminate hum or feedback you know? I could get decent enough feedback with my EMGs.

As for hard rock tones, EMGs could do it but other pickups could do it better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ya dude this guitar is mainly main for metal or high-gain rock. But since they are passive EMG's instead of active Emg's , i might be wrongs.
nah not really, ibanezs arent really good for anything but their best for metal. Id look at ESP, Schecter, Epiphone (try before you buy with epiphone)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
nah not really, ibanezs arent really good for anything but their best for metal. Id look at ESP, Schecter, Epiphone (try before you buy with epiphone)

Yeah alright buddy.

Ibanez guitars aren't bad. For what you pay, they're one of the best guitars out there.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Ibanez guitars aren't bad. For what you pay, they're one of the best guitars out there.

What the hell are you smoking... jenkem?

whatever it is, I want to know what the dosage is. because it seems like half of what your smoking is about right for me.
Quote by linknchuk
What the hell are you smoking... jenkem?

whatever it is, I want to know that the dosage. because it seems like half of what your smoking is about right for me.

How's the ride on the bandwagon going?

You don't 'smoke' jenkem either. You huff it you knob.

And you would be hard pressed to find a better guitar than the RG2EX1 in the same price range.

You get quality from Ibanez, even with their cheapest models.

Quote by linknchuk
lol lol lol

I would'nt know. I never **** in a bottle before. Maybe it was weed laced with jenkem. ever think of that

Maybe you're just a fucking idiot. You ever think of that?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

You don't 'smoke' jenkem either. You huff it you knob.

lol lol lol

I would'nt know. I never **** in a bottle before. Maybe it was weed laced with jenkem. ever think of that
Lol, tis got a little off topic, but I would say it is pretty good, those are not real emg;s anyway so if you wanted you could switch pickups.
they are real emg's there just not active. I said the same thing at my local guitar center and got a load of **** for it... man that guy was mad
ill admit beginner ibanezs are the best in their price range, but after that RGs are **** for what you pay for. But if i were you id check out fender or epiphone for classic rock/hardrock.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
ill admit beginner ibanezs are the best in their price range, but after that RGs are **** for what you pay for. But if i were you id check out fender or epiphone for classic rock/hardrock.

Honestly, an Ibanez Prestige would completely obliterate the lower to mid range Fenders and pretty much any Epiphone. They can even give the higher end ones a run for their money.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by linknchuk
I think your e-penis shrunk again.

You're banned so it doesn't matter.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You're banned so it doesn't matter.

Thank god. I didn't know how much more I could take before my brain would explode.

He mastered the idiosyncrasy of idiocy.

TS, if you want to shell out a bit more cash, check this one out.

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/s211M01C07071015/
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
The RG2EX1 is alright. It's my first (and so far, only) guitar. It's not too versatile because of the passive EMG humbuckers, but it gets the job done. The neck is really nice. I'd give it a 7/10 or so.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Sigh i have 1 and u say u cant get feed back with the pickup you serious dude i can get wicked feed back from it and its a steal for the price i recommend it
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w