Does anyone know where I can a loud cheap amp for under 100$? My job doesn't pay much anymore, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a LOUD cheap amp.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
You could get like, a single channel, small valve amp like the Valve Junior and the Fender Champion 600 for that much.

I recommend just saving up a couple of more hundred and getting something like a Laney VC15.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm screwed till I get a better job.... aren't I?
Quote by jonathan92

Quote by Robert353

If you REALLY can't wait, you could get a Champion 600 or a Valve Junior but chances are you'll be spending more money trying to get a good sound out of it via pedals.

I'd just hold off a bit.

I recommend the Laney VC15. It's quite versatile and is pretty loud.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yep....the cheapest you can go getting a loud amp is like 300 maybe 200. Crate is the only brand i can think of and only solid state. garage sale is your best option until a better job.
Damn, I don't wanna stay at my job!!!!!! (plus I can't save up money really well)
Quote by jonathan92

Quote by Robert353
Damn, I don't wanna stay at my job!!!!!! (plus I can't save up money really well)

Oh well. Buy a cheap, crappy and loud amp then. Don't come back here and say we didn't warn you!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--CRAGT212

There you go, cheap, loud, crappy. 200 bucks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Robert353

Well, you don't have to have a good sounding loud amp.

It's just a matter of will, if you want the amp you'll have to work for it.

If you look used or find some budget amps you can get a fairly loud tube combo anywhere from $250 to $500.

I'd just save up another hundred or two and get a used Peavey Classic 30 or something.

How loud does the amp need to be? Are you gigging?

Also what styles of music do you play?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
O_o; Crappy??? I think I might have to use HEAVY DISTORTION for it to sound good? Does that make everything sound better?

Edit: I play Hard Rock to Progressive Rock (I think thats what they call it...) So I need a really loud amp cause I'm starting up a band and I've been to the pubs and bars that have bands playing gigs, I mean I know we'll have to work our way up and get to accutuall paying gigs but I have self confidence no one, but a band called Bound By Oath, can shake!
Quote by jonathan92

Last edited by Robert353 at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by Robert353

-Stop buying school lunch
-Stop going to McD's/BK/Wendy's every week
-Don't go to the movies every time a new movie comes out
-If you drive, then save gas carpooling
-Don't buy video games once you beat the game you bought last week
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Robert353
O_o; Crappy??? I think I might have to use HEAVY DISTORTION for it to sound good? Does that make everything sound better?

No bad idea, a pedal won't improve a bad amps tone alot. You'll most probably just waste money on a bunch of cheap distortions and still get bad tone from the amp.

Just save up some more cash and get a proper amps, it'll be more beneficial in the long run cause you won't have to buy another map later to replace the bad one you buy now.

I had to save for over a year and stop spending money to afford the amp I have now but it sounds great.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Geartrigger
Crate power block through the stages pa maybe?

Powerblocks are .... adequate to say at the most

OK DUDE let me clear up some stuff for you. You dont need to have an extremely loud amp to play small gigs and pubs. they have things called PAs so your amp can be mic'd. Don't go to guitar center and let them talk you into buying a fender frontman, Marshall MG, or spider, or other garbage low end Solid state amps, those are bad. If you mean by loud than something that will cut through your mix and sound good, than I reccomend saving up for something like a used Mesa F-30. I'm saving up for a 2k amp.. and I have no job, how do you think i feel? haha Just save up a bit, and try to grab an F30 and you should be fine.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Powerblocks are .... adequate to say at the most

OK DUDE let me clear up some stuff for you. You dont need to have an extremely loud amp to play small gigs and pubs. they have things called PAs so your amp can be mic'd. Don't go to guitar center and let them talk you into buying a fender frontman, Marshall MG, or spider, or other garbage low end Solid state amps, those are bad. If you mean by loud than something that will cut through your mix and sound good, than I reccomend saving up for something like a used Mesa F-30. I'm saving up for a 2k amp.. and I have no job, how do you think i feel? haha Just save up a bit, and try to grab an F30 and you should be fine.

I don't know. Powerblocks are pretty awesome.

Considering they're like 100 bucks, they're amazing.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Cheap and loud do work but dont sound good. You can have loud and expensive and sound good. Or cheap and not loud and sound decent. But not cheap and loud plus sound good. Just one of the laws of the universe. And might want to get used to the job thing got alot of years ahead of you and it wont get any easier. Bar band isnt a big money maker.
the valve juniors like 150 for the combo, 129 for the head, and those little things are freakin' loud for their wattage and price
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
in my area craigs list is really great for finding amps at better than half off.

i suggest you look into buying used.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Robert353

no offense there robert, but are you just plainly stupid and have no qualifications to get a job?

even doin shifts in mc.d, saving you could get more money for any amp in a few weeks....
I have never seen a Champion 600 for $100... VJ's maybe but not the Champion.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
all im ganna say is if you go cheap youll never enjoy the guitar and youll just get frustrated and just one day go "the hell with it" throw it in your closet and never touch it again until you have a son that wants to learn how to play guitar and after a few months of playing with your **** gear the same thing is ganna happen to him and its ganna be a never ending cycle
Just save up, don't get a piece of junk.
/thread
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan