ive been looking into getting a 112 combo.. but was just wondering about the quality of these amps, is there a reason for them being so cheap? will it sh.it itself in a couple of months?

also which would b a better choice the 112 or a Randall rg50tc?
Reasons why it's cheap? Made overseas with cheaper parts.

It'll hold up for quite a while though.

Depends on what you want. The Valveking's clean channel is much better than the Randall and for the mid gain stuff it pisses all over it.

For high gain though it's more on taste.

Try them out, see what you like.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
valveking sounds pretty sweet. not the best out there, but for the price, it really can't be beat.
LMAO evry1 recommends a valveking in every "New amp" thread, and when someone finally wants one, you say its not the best.
*puke*
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by BMXfreak000
LMAO evry1 recommends a valveking in every "New amp" thread, and when someone finally wants one, you say its not the best.
*puke*

lol no wai d00d.

He isn't saying it's a bad amp, he's just saying that there are better amps out there in the price range and that maybe the Valveking isn't for the TS. No amplifier is perfect at everything.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
first off, i cant say anything about randall as i have never used one

secondly, the valveking is one of the lower priced tube amps actually worth the money, with good quality, solid sound, and a non-extreme price. i own the 112 combo and it is a decent amp, i previously enjoyed the heavy sound i recieved from the distortion channel, but after awhile it began to strike me as a muddy sound, most likely due to personal taste, not malfunction of the amp. the distortion is great, but when hitting single notes in between open palm mutes, the singles do not stand out as much as i'd like.

ive had it for over a year, and the only problem i've had is that when turning it up around 5 (half way), i got a loud squeaking noise, almost like feedback but not. whether or not the tech i had look at it was really "checking it out" or not idk, but he said all i needed was a noise gate, so i bought my pedal and it sounds even better.

playing metal, i never use my clean channel unless i am using my distortion pedal, but from what i've dabbled with it does not seem to "suck"
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Mar 15, 2008,
For the price i love mine.. Sure there's better stuff out there, but this is a really good tube starter setup. And when i get my 6505 im going to use the valveking for my clean and light gain stuff. Basically turn two 2 channel amps into a big 4 channel amp..
if they are anything like the royal 8 i'd steer clear. i just returned my royal 8 for the third
time in a month. just a total POS. 1st time it was resoldered,new tubes,then i noticed the tech tore it
up amongst other things so i returned it again,then they gave me a brand new one and
the vibration out of the box was so horrid and gave feedback when the volume and gain were at zero.
the bigger models do seem to be sturdier,but i wouldn't leave the store w/o playing the
actual amp you'll be walking out the store with.
Quote by lec666
if they are anything like the royal 8 i'd steer clear. i just returned my royal 8 for the third
time in a month. just a total POS. 1st time it was resoldered,new tubes,then i noticed the tech tore it
up amongst other things so i returned it again,then they gave me a brand new one and
the vibration out of the box was so horrid and gave feedback when the volume and gain were at zero.
the bigger models do seem to be sturdier,but i wouldn't leave the store w/o playing the
actual amp you'll be walking out the store with.

It's nothing like the Royal 8.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster