I was looking at this video and was trying to figure out how this guys gets the chug sound, this probably sounds like a really stupid question but id appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanx
uh... link?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
just relax your fingers so your not actually freting but your stopping the strings from vibrating
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
It's called left hand muting, you lightly rest your hand of the strings so they make that deadened sound....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by incarnation
just relax your fingers so your not actually freting but your stopping the strings from vibrating

also palm muting may help a bit too.....These types of songs are my favorite to play on guitar....so yeah, palm muting, although it might not be as effective as the above post.....^^^^^.....now that I think of it more, try both at the same time and see how that sounds.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Thanks for the help, that makes sence, but for example if your playing a barre chord do you press all of the fingers off or do you leave the finger your barring it with on? Thanx
Ummmmm.....You can just lightly lift the barring finger and completely lift the rest and it will most likely make the same sound...but if you're pressing too lightly, you could end up playing some harmonics, which will still sound pretty cool, but you may not like it.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...