Holy shit that was a crappy movie. What a waste of two hours. Why did it end so abruptly?

Did anyone like it?
what??? i just saw that and i thought it was awesome. Not for everyone i know. but that killer dude was pretty brutal. i love the silenced shotgun, that was awesome.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Be thankful you didn't go and see Be Kind Rewind, the 1st half hour sucked, the middle half hour was mildly entertaining and the last hour sucked so much arse it was actually indistinguishable from arse. A fat arse.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Be thankful you didn't go and see Be Kind Rewind, the 1st half hour sucked, the middle half hour was mildly entertaining and the last hour sucked so much arse it was actually indistinguishable from arse. A fat arse.

So, an anus is mildly entertaining?
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
i thought it was amazing. except it ended gay
pretty amazing though, but if theres not a sequel it sucks.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
It was nice, crappy ending IMO.
However, from what I read in the internet, it's not about the cat and the mouse chase, but more about old people having trouble to adapt themselves in this world.
The problem, is that we like movies as entertainment, while some people like movies as art.
No Country For Old Men is more as art than as entertainment.

I would have liked more a cat and mouse chase kind of movies. I was also heavily disappointed by the mediocrity and passivity of the Tommy Lee Jones character.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

overrated
its kinda cool but there are loads of better movies around
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
I liked it most of the way through and I was waiting for a killer ending (no pun intended) and then it just.....ended. I was kind of bummed out and confused. The psycho's silenced shotgun was wicked though. And why was that redneck from the middle of nowhere so resourcefull.
Well apparently, he was some kind of ranger or something like that during vietnam.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Well apparently, he was some kind of ranger or something like that during vietnam.

Right I forgot that part.
Very nice movie in general except maybe for the ending.
Its very cold, it shows true reality and the killer (the bad guy)will leave you breathless
movies are so long now...why?!? i get so fed up unless its like gladiator or mutiny on the bounty
Quote by Thornography
Holy shit that was a crappy movie. What a waste of two hours. Why did it end so abruptly?

Did anyone like it?

What?!

That movie was ****ing incredible!
I really don't understand all the hype around this movie. I watched it twice and I just don't see what's so great about it. I give Javier Bardem props for pulling off one of the creepiest roles ever while still wearing that ridiculous haircut, but the rest of the movie was just kind of meh.
Quote by urik
It was nice, crappy ending IMO.
However, from what I read in the internet, it's not about the cat and the mouse chase, but more about old people having trouble to adapt themselves in this world.
The problem, is that we like movies as entertainment, while some people like movies as art.
No Country For Old Men is more as art than as entertainment.

I would have liked more a cat and mouse chase kind of movies. I was also heavily disappointed by the mediocrity and passivity of the Tommy Lee Jones character.

well also i think it deals with the more realistic side aswell. All this **** is going on but it doesn't give you too much of a back story. And basicly the dude gets away , atleast for a while.
I think the image it is trying to make is killers are every where, they can walk right past you and you would never know it. And at the same time, lets say someone shoots your neighbor , next thing you know you have a big investigation going on and you find out some of the details, but not all.
I think thats what the movie was trying to do, make you feel like you were just witnessing all this but not telling you all the detail. It leaves this vague mysterious feeling.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
i thought it was a freaking amazing movie, definately among the best since 1999. and the ending was ****ING AWESOME as well, all you guys are obviously too simple-minded to comprehend the greatness of the ending :P:
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by theking182
i thought it was a freaking amazing movie, definately among the best since 1999. and the ending was ****ING AWESOME as well, all you guys are obviously too simple-minded to comprehend the greatness of the ending :P:

I agree, I really dug the ending. Anyone notice the complete lack of music until the end credits?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Most people don't understand the ending, and thus are dissapointed and frustrated at its abruptness.

The movie is not really about the plot itself, the plot is a vehicle to relay the various themes and motifs throughout the movie, for example, fate( the killer's coin tosses), and the utter animosity that is brought out in people when situations like those in the movie are presented.

Overall the movie play out like a book, because it was a book first. To realy understand the movie's ending, you must read the book.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

what are you fu-cking high, that movie was amazing
the story was genious
javier bardem was potentially the biggest badass ever
i loved it
Music and sutff
read the ****in book. then you might get it.
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
I loved it. I think a lot of people don't appreciate realistic endings because it makes them feel insecure. When I saw Into the Wild with my friend he was disappointed at the ending and he was telling me "I know its cliche but I like happy endings". I think most people feel that way.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i loved the movie also, and i personally think it couldn't have ended any other way, Lewelyn was dead, Anton got away with his money (although injured) and Tommy Lee Jone's character (forgot the name) retired. All the main characters were wrapped up, there was nothing left for either of them, so it ended. I'm sure most people wanted Tommy Lee Jones to come out of retirement and have a sword fight with Anton Chigurh on top of a burning building but it's not that type of movie.
i loved it the first time i saw it. i didn't realize how perfect the ending was until the second time i saw it though and my friend and i talked about it.

the ending is the entire theme of the movie and the film's namesake.
#DTWD
Quote by shenanigans
Most people don't understand the ending, and thus are dissapointed and frustrated at its abruptness.

The movie is not really about the plot itself, the plot is a vehicle to relay the various themes and motifs throughout the movie, for example, fate( the killer's coin tosses), and the utter animosity that is brought out in people when situations like those in the movie are presented.

Overall the movie play out like a book, because it was a book first. To realy understand the movie's ending, you must read the book.

Exactly.

I hate when people bash something that they don't even bother trying to understand.