Page 1 of 4
Yeah, i just inherited $16084.92 from my Aunt, and my plan is this

Spend $2000 on New guitar and Amplifier, and put the Rest in the bank to help pay for a down-payment on a home when i get out of college. in total ive amased around $35000 Including this money. Is this a good plan? Im obviously going to work during University and Highschool too
Quote by freedoms_stain
No.

The best plan is to give it to me so I can misuse it.

Or to me. I heard freedoms_satin saying stuff about your mom. So give it to me.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Haha holy shit dude. My condolences go out to your aunt but damn that broad must've liked you!

But what you have planned sounds good.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by urik

NOT MOMMA!

you horrible horrible person, freedoms_stain! No money for you
Yes.
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
What kind of amp + guitar did you buy? and investing in a house is a good idea, it builds equity apparently, whatever that means.
Quote by urik

What? I said she was beautiful refined and intelligent, you said she was a crack whore, give ME the money.
Quote by freedoms_stain
What? I said she was beautiful refined and intelligent, you said she was a crack whore, give ME the money.

But it was the day of "contrary talk"! You were supposed to say exactly the opposite of what you thought!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by InvaderTSN
Spend it all on pot. You know you want to.

Now that's what I call investing.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I highly suggest you dump it into a high interest savings account. If you can get around 4% annually you'll get 640 the first year and then it'll keep compounding. That combined with your other money could land you a huge sum by the time you graduate, man.
Probably a better plan would be to use that money to help minimize college debt. You're in a way better position than I am man. I'm going to college next year and so far I've only got around $1500 saved. So yeah man definitely recommend you save as much as you can.
Haha holy shit dude. My condolences go out to your aunt but damn that broad must've liked you!

But what you have planned sounds good.

Her daughter was mentally ill so my aunt never went out or did anything, lived in a run down house, had a pretty old car. just amased all her money over the years.

And she died 5 Years ago, it was my Uncle (whom ive never met nor heard of) Who was holding the funds, till he passed last year. he was apperently not very nice...
Quote by Archaon
I highly suggest you dump it into a high interest savings account. If you can get around 4% annually you'll get 640 the first year and then it'll keep compounding. That combined with your other money could land you a huge sum by the time you graduate, man.

4%? I get 5.6% on my bog standard savings account.
Ooooh, I can't wait for my aunt to die!

GICs dude.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Archaon

yeah i think thats what im going to do.

My parents have been paying into a college fund since i was Five as well, so thats gonna help
ima rob you
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
the house idea is good

but instead of 2 grand, go for like 4 grand towards the guitar/amp.

and yes, as awsome as it would be to give it to me, or spend it all on weed, or spend it all on weed and then give it to me, the house idea is really smart.
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by sSyLc
Ooooh, I can't wait for my aunt to die!

GICs dude.

You bloody legend.
My advice will cost you a small fee.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Well I'm sorry to hear that she died, but yeah save the rest from whatever you buy to help with after college
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by freedoms_stain
4%? I get 5.6% on my bog standard savings account.

Damn scots...

Well, I managed to get about 4.5%, but I've only got $5000 in there.

I'm thinking of just working a basic job, dumping all my extra money into savings, and eventually arrive at a point where I can live off of my interest payments alone (however cheap a lifestyle) just so I don't have to work.

Now that's what I call lazy.

But I'm going to try and learn the stock market as well. To be completely honest, life is easy as long as you know how to finance it. My dad makes more than enough money to cover me if any emergency debts pop up out of nowhere, and he'd probably contribute to my savings fund.
Quote by sk8board3r
the house idea is good

but instead of 2 grand, go for like 4 grand towards the guitar/amp.

and yes, as awsome as it would be to give it to me, or spend it all on weed, or spend it all on weed and then give it to me, the house idea is really smart.

It was harded enouph getting the 2 Grand, so unfortunatly that isnt happening. And as i said, i have a College Fund going too (Although my parents wont tell me how much is actually in there. should i be worried? )
i'd take the 2,000 dollars and buy cd's with it rather than download them illegally.

LoL of course not! That'll get you about two hours with alexandra dupre
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Quote by ryanh09
i'd take the 2,000 dollars and buy cd's with it rather than download them illegally.

LoL of course not! That'll get you about two hours with alexandra dupre

oh really...
Savings account like someone said. Find one with high interest(My WAMU savings account is around 5.4% I think..). Just let let the money grow while you attend college and work. 33K will get you a nice amount over the years.
Quote by Melan
Savings account like someone said. Find one with high interest(My WAMU savings account is around 5.4% I think..). Just let let the money grow while you attend college and work. 33K will get you a nice amount over the years.

So look for one 5.4% or above is good?
Go to mexico and get some people their to build you a mansion. Then hire 30 of the country's best hookers and a truckload of tequila. You'll be the king of Mexico!

EDIT: ^^ We're reading that book in school right now
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
Quote by Tubyboulin
So look for one 5.4% or above is good?

Actually I lied. Its 4.0% after checking again. I could have swore it was higher. D: Oh well...

You'll want high APY for your savings account. That's what will net ya more money.
Page 1 of 4