ey guys..first off im new here so ello hehe. Oke i have a question and really hope you can help me with this...i am a great fan of paul gilbert and i need to know something that he does..its more like a scream with his whammy bar somehow here's the youtube vid link http://youtube.com/watch?v=i33t19-it3s check at 2.27 where he does it....pleaz check the vid and i hope you can help me explain...i play for 5 years now but i have never figured it out. He does something with his hand to just up on the neck...not pressing anything i think but touching something. Hope you can help me.
Easy, hit a natural harmonic on any treble string 3-5 fret and then divebomb your Floyd then pull up with it.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
divebomb is push down first right? n do i pick the trick or what? thanx for the reply man
Ok... more detailed this time.

Just slightly touch 3, 5, or 7th fret (metal part) where you can get a natural harmonic, do not pick it. They push down (divebomb) very quick and pull up immediately. You fingers don't have to be touching the natural harmonic the whole time. Try 7th fret first; it gets progressively harder as fret number lowers.

Hey, look up Bad Horsie on YouTube by the way. It's by Steve Vai and has a ton of these whammy harmonics. I think you'd like to see it.

so i put my finger on 7.th fret on a natural harmonic n then just push n pull the whammy bar?
No prob.

^No, first you learn how to spell...

But really, what you do is push down on the bar, then hit the harmonic (try kind of "whipping" it with your left middle finger), then bring the bar back up. Also check Kris Dahl's lesson on this on UG TV.

PinkEdit: Bah, I take to long to type my posts lol.
okey..Wich one is pink...dont tell me to learn how to spell cuz im doing pretty good...im from holland so i think its not bad at all...alright now there's one more problem...how the hell could i keep that tone? it dissapears so fast...
Keep just pulling up over and over again.

i dont get a very clean scream 2 by the way..like not really pure hehe
Get your gain and treble up. You need a good sharp tone for this. And by the way, pure? What do you mean, the whammy harmonic isn't suppose to keep the exact tone as the original natural harmonic.

Yep, I first learned this like... 8 month after I started because I heard Bad Horsie and the song was *DAMN!* Glad to help.

i cant get my 3th fret to screm though..i think its just becuz i have bad pickups maybe
What pickup do you have? The 3rd fret is the sharpest and the hardest one, so be patient and take a few more tries.

haha i dont know man it doesnt say it on there...probebly pretty ****ty ones..its was a 400 dollar guitar but not a brand..i would say closest to what it looks like would be ibanez for sure....its a good guitar in alot of things but **** like tapping doesnt come trough very well on the lower strings
Oh, yea that might be it. Don't even try 3rd fret then. 12th and 9th also work, but the lower the fret the sharper the sound.

haha ****...i want the really high insane ones:P 3th fret did work a couple times though..are you suposed to be able to do it on the second fret too? like where do i have to hit for the highest scream?
3th fret is the highest I can go. 2th worked once or twice for me. Just cover 3th fret on DGBe will give you a good scream. Again, boost up your gain and treble. You can also do a little flutter with your trem to give it some character.