Ok so I went to guitar center today to get a new bass amp. I bought a G-K Backline 600 head. And a used Fender BXR410H. I'm just curious as to how to hook it up or if it's something wrong with the cab, because it only plays out of the tweeter. Need some help guys I've got band practice monday.

Thanks,
Gary
Last edited by hansarvin at Mar 15, 2008,
Perhaps you got the one with the bi-amping thinger built in and you're using the tweeter-out. Read over the manual for the head to make sure you're using the right jacks.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I read the manual and there's only one output, but the cab says parallel input any idea what that means?
Quote by hansarvin
I read the manual and there's only one output, but the cab says parallel input any idea what that means?

You have 2 outputs on the back of your head. I have the same one . Put a wire from one of the outputs to the back of your cabinet. Plug your amp into the wall and your bass into the head and your good.

EDIT: I skipped the tweeter part. If you did all of that and it only plays out of the tweeter, I'm not sure how to fix that lol. If it only plays out of the tweeter it is probably the cabinet. It is used, right?
Yea, it's used. I guess I'm just going to take it back today and get my money back and get a brand new cabinet.
Quote by hansarvin
Yea, it's used. I guess I'm just going to take it back today and get my money back and get a brand new cabinet.
before you lug that beast back to the store check the speaker connections........what a lot of guys do is plug a good speaker jack(not an instrument cable)into the cab and totch the other end to the terminals of a 9 volt battery.........the speakers should all move forward on axis in unison
if they dont or some move in the opposite direction the cab wiring needs a look
The beast was already taken back to the store. They told me to pick out a new cab. I'm very happy with Guitar Center for giving me no crap about it. I just bought a GK 2X10 BXL, and after I get my paycheck I'll get a GK 1X15 or a 4X10... hell who knows maybe a 8X10! The only reason I didn't wait if your wondering, is for the fact that this is just going to be my practice cab. I have band practice at someone else's house and will leave the other cab there instead of going back and forth.
Quote by hansarvin
The beast was already taken back to the store. They told me to pick out a new cab. I'm very happy with Guitar Center for giving me no crap about it. I just bought a GK 2X10 BXL, and after I get my paycheck I'll get a GK 1X15 or a 4X10... hell who knows maybe a 8X10! The only reason I didn't wait if your wondering, is for the fact that this is just going to be my practice cab. I have band practice at someone else's house and will leave the other cab there instead of going back and forth.
sound like good folks to deal with....did they give you any idea what was wrong with the other cab......learning how to troubleshoot these kinds of problems may save your gig on the road one day
I'll assume it was wiring, like suggested. I just didn't want to take it back and tell them I worked on it then they would just say it's your fault. I know how to solder so I probably could have fixed it.
if one's gonna just sit there i'd get an 8x10 for standalone at practice. but if it's gonna move a lot a 4x10 will suffice. i'd use tens all the time unless you are gonna mix the 15s with 10's my personal opinion. or maybe a 2x12. they're good too for standalone.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu