My buddy and I are arguing over who's car is faster.

We will race eventually, but he lives far away.

He has a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged (EDIT: 3.8) liter V6

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Grand_Prix#1997)

And i have a 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z V8 305 TPI (Tuned Port Injection) With fat ass tires
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-generation_Chevrolet_Camaro#1989)

(Not actual pictures)

Both cars on in good condition.

Omit the human factor.
Last edited by Camaro_IRocz at Mar 15, 2008,
Asuming the camaro is factory new... it would win... but since its from 1989... id say its a pretty even race... but the camaro still wins

edit: if those "fat ass tires" in the camaro are cheap ruber... thats just added weight... but im shure you know that already... just checking
Last edited by just17n8 at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by just17n8
Asuming the camaro is factory new... it would win... but since its from 1989... id say its a pretty even race

Ya those pics are what the cars looked like stock.

That camaro is in actually pretty good condition. I got new Flowmaster 80s series 3" all the way back and it sounds like a beast
Quote by Andreas1
lol aerodynamic!

sorry i forgot you dont have corners in america!

What are you talking about?
camaro would probably win but i wouldn't encourage racing
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by zackk
camaro would probably win but i wouldn't encourage racing

Why not. Thats why they made fast cars. We have a private steet anyway.
I have a 2000 GTP and the car is definitely faster than it looks. It can beat quite a few others on the road, but I don't know if it could stand up to a V8 Camaro. That being said, it's still fun as hell to drive for a 4-door sedan.
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
What are you talking about?

the cornering ability of said cars is cero!... of but american cars have this reputation... and aparently (sp?) are proud of it..

also read the edit on my last post
depending on the boost pounds of his super he could kick the camaro's ass, if he has say instead of the 3.5L the 5.6L with 20 low boost and 35 high boost he could easily get it upto above 150
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by happytimeharry
I have a 2000 GTP and the car is definitely faster than it looks. It can beat quite a few others on the road, but I don't know if it could stand up to a V8 Camaro. That being said, it's still fun as hell to drive for a 4-door sedan.

Is it supercharged too? I thought GTPs where only 2 door
Quote by just17n8
Asuming the camaro is factory new... it would win... but since its from 1989... id say its a pretty even race... but the camaro still wins

edit: if those "fat ass tires" in the camaro are cheap ruber... thats just added weight... but im shure you know that already... just checking

no their fat street slicks 256 wide 16" rims
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
Is it supercharged too? I thought GTPs where only 2 door

Yeah, mine's a 3.8 though. I love it. It's a beast on gas though...
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
no their fat street slicks 256 wide 16" rims

oooo... ok... with some R compound tires... it would be pretty unlikely for you to lose
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, mine's a 3.8 though. I love it. It's a beast on gas though...

He says he gets 35 MPG on the highway

But the camaro gets only 16
You know what Iroc stands for don't you?
Italian retard out cruising.
No! You pooped your pants and now we all have to leave!
Quote by ButCheeques226
You know what Iroc stands for don't you?
Italian retard out cruising.

Ya i've heard that, but have yet to see one Italian driving an Iroc.

International Racing of Champions
IROC FTW. Same chassis as the 89 trans am, right? Same basic platform? IF it is then yeah, seein as my firebird smokes most other things and it's an 89
My Mustang could own both of you!

Just joking its is only a 1996 3.8 V6 w/ automatic (sadly)...slow...but its can beat Grand Prixs (aside from GTP)

...one of these days I will have a Cobra...
Quote by FireHawk
My Mustang could own both of you!

Just joking its is only a 1996 3.8 V6 w/ automatic (sadly)...slow...but its can beat Grand Prixs (aside from GTP)

...one of these days I will have a Cobra...

Get a chevy instead of a mustang.
Quote by FireHawk
Chevy maybe be better (friend has a Iroc from late 80s so I know what they can do) but I am a Mustang man at heart...

lol at least your sticking to it.

my dream car is a Subaru WRX IMpreza STi
Quote by FireHawk
Chevy maybe be better (friend has a Iroc from late 80s so I know what they can do) but I am a Mustang man at heart...

The Mustang is the best car that ford will ever make. IDK maybe I am just too much of a GM fanboy. I love my firebird (even though it's only a 2.8 MPI V6) and it does me good

Maybe someday I will have enough to get my dream Chevelle though
My friend (who has iroc) stepdad at one time had chevelle and he loved it (wrapped it around telephone pull). Now he is helping us rebuild a 67 Mustang (with a rebuilt Chevy 350 has engine lol)
Quote by FireHawk
My friend (who has iroc) stepdad at one time had chevelle and he loved it (wrapped it around telephone pull). Now he is helping us rebuild a 67 Mustang (with a rebuilt Chevy 350 has engine lol)

Dude that sux that he wrapped such a beautiful car around a pole.

That small block 350 is a legend though. I would put one in my Firebird, but gas is a b*tch. I had an 82 el camino with a small block 305 in it though. I Love Chevy's
Chevys are better cars than Fords in all reality and yeah the 350 is legendary...I was gonna try to get one in my Mustang but I don't have money for a tranny right now...
Ya my iroc only has a 305, but because it uses the the same fuel injector as a corvette (TPI), theres not much of difference