Poll Options
View poll results: Which is Better ?
Dean Razorback
25 46%
Epiphone les paul
29 54%
Voters: 54.
FOR A DEEPER TONE

Post you Opinion and please dont say i prefer this because i never played that please at least played both
Last edited by Youknowit at Mar 16, 2008,
hmm soo far the polls are not in my favor lol o well common people keep up the votes
If you wanna play rock, the Les Paul is a good all rounded guitar for you. I dislike deans in general, so it might be a little biased. but i really do like epiphone les pauls, at least those that are standard and above. preferably custom, those look great. and that's coming from a fender guy.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
For Rock, the Les Paul. For Metal, the Razorback.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Depends what your playing.

For slower blues and Lighter Rock, and even just Rock in general, the Les Paul is better. It can play Metal as well, More Versatile, but not the greatest for Death Metal and very fast stuff, because the neck is pretty thick, and theres bad upper fret access and only 22 frets.

For faster Hard Rock, and Metal, the dean would be better due to high output pickups, thinner necks, and locking trems. Better fret access, and on some models, 24 frets.
Quote by Thebiz
For Rock, the Les Paul. For Metal, the Razorback.
o thank god lol
How can you compare Dean Razorback and Epiphone for Rock ? I mean comon Dean is fully metal gutiar, and Epiphone is Rock guitar. So that would mean Epiphone wins by default.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by SpellCaster
How can you compare Dean Razorback and Epiphone for Rock ? I mean comon Dean is fully metal gutiar, and Epiphone is Rock guitar. So that would mean Epiphone wins by default.

i agree. The Dimebuckers (SH13s) in the razorback give it a balls-to-the-wall metal sound, but the les paul has a fat, bluesy tone.
totally different leagues.
it dosent make much since to me i just cant see someone playing stairway or anyother classic melody on a razorback...
Quote by FRDesign

For slower blues and Lighter Rock, and even just Rock in general, the Les Paul is better. It can play Metal as well, More Versatile, but not the greatest for Death Metal and very fast stuff, because the neck is pretty thick, and theres bad upper fret access and only 22 frets.

For faster Hard Rock, and Metal, the dean would be better due to high output pickups, thinner necks, and locking trems. Better fret access, and on some models, 24 frets.

Actually, the Razorbacks have the Dean V profile neck which is far from thin.

It's apples and oranges TS.

Both guitars have their advantages.

Honestly, from a playability and sonic stand-point, and without taking looks in account, I'd say the Razorback pisses all over the Epiphone.

Good luck with the LFR trem though.

Quote by lctdmf
I would get a normal ML rather than a razorback.

+1 Listen to this guy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by FRDesign

unless your zakk wylde.
seriously, look up No More Tears solo on youtube. he plays an epi les paul.
I own Both, I Must go with my razorback on this one, its alot easier to access and it has a awesome crunch.