The formula one season is back for yet another year of grand prix weekends. The first grand prix is in Australia and there will be in total 18 race weekends. Any formula one enthusiasts discuss the grand prix or anything else which occurs in F1 over the next year. Hopefully this thread'll survive the whole season instead of multiple random threads appearing through the year.

The loss of traction control should make this season very interesting.

Discuss.

Formula One 2008 Wikipedia page
Yeah, watching it now. Hopefully Hamilton's phenomenal natural talent will shine through.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Andreas1
hope he smashes that squareheaded spaniard

Hahaha....

FORZA FERRARI!
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
I'm hoping Kubica wins, that'll make it interesting.

Hamilton probably will though.....comfortably as well. Raikkonen is too far down the grid.
yeah, but kimi has a habit of starting at the back and then ending at the front.
He's well practiced with that by now...!
Quote by af_the_fragile
Go Kimi Go!!!!

Whoo whoo!
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Eh, I've been outta F1 since my dad moved out. He would wake me up at 2 AM to watch the race. That was my favorite part of F1, waking up at 1:30 to get ready to watch it live.

I have always been a Ralf Schumacher (sp?) fan. Don't really know why. My dad was a Michael fan since he started watching before he drove Ferrari.

I might get out to the US Grand Prix this year with my dad if I can.

Go Kimi and Ralf.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Eh, I've been outta F1 since my dad moved out. He would wake me up at 2 AM to watch the race. That was my favorite part of F1, waking up at 1:30 to get ready to watch it live.

I have always been a Ralf Schumacher (sp?) fan. Don't really know why. My dad was a Michael fan since he started watching before he drove Ferrari.

Go Kimi and Ralf.

No US Grand Prix happening this year. Canadian Grand Prix is nearest you'll get, unless you make it down to the Brazilian Grand Prix.
I'm thinking of heading down to Silverstone this year for the British GP...
Depends on how much i can get the tickets for...
Not a bad start. I expected more drama with it being the first grand prix without launch or traction control for many years. I guess there is a safety car already though apparently and load of cars needing to pit. Not bad. Should be fun grand prix.
Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Kimi and Ralf.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Ralf's racing in DTM this year.

I don't like Lewis Hamilton.
Yay Lewis won. Coulthard was a right arse when interviewed about Massa. On live TV "If he doesn't own up for what he did I'll beat the shit out of the little bastard. Kimi was unlucky though, Glock's accident looked painful.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
i found DC's comments towards Massa pretty funny.

im a mclaren fan, so pretty happy.
the amount of dnf's was fairly shocking
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

So what were the final positionings in the end? All I know, it that Lewis Hamilton won.
The rule about not being able to refuel under the safety car is stupid; cost Kovaleinen 2nd and McClaren the 1, 2 they deserved. Get rid of it I say.
Quote by Death_switch
The rule about not being able to refuel under the safety car is stupid; cost Kovaleinen 2nd and McClaren the 1, 2 they deserved. Get rid of it I say.

Not to mention the three points that Rubens Barrichello deserved.

Anyway, the latest news is that the BBC have secured rights to cover Formula 1 from 2009 onwards. With that in mind, there's a petition up to keep Martin Brundle as a commentator, if anyone's interested (which they should be ).

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/martin-brundle-for-bbc-commentry-team-2009.html

Anybody got any predictions for Malaysia? It's supposed to be raining, so I think it will be as chaotic as Melbourne was. And if it does rain, I'm hoping Jenson's car doesn't let him down and nobody crashes into him, because he could do really well in those conditions.
Quote by Denthúl
Not to mention the three points that Rubens Barrichello deserved.

He was disqualified for leaving the pitlane when the safety car was coming past...not because he pitted when disallowed

So either way he would have been disqualified
Quote by GiantRaven
He was disqualified for leaving the pitlane when the safety car was coming past...not because he pitted when disallowed

So either way he would have been disqualified

On the timing front, though, he would've been able to avoid that by pitting one lap earlier or later in the knowledge that he wouldn't have been penalised either way. His disqualification was fully justified, but if those rules about refuelling weren't in place, the decision to bring him in wouldn't have come so late.

^ I didn't realise there were two. You got a link?