Are electrics just allround easier to play..are things like barre chords,power chords much smoother or is this all relative to the player
Damien Rice === Legend
Electric is generally easier to play.
Electric Guitars have (usually) lighter strings, and lower actions.
But, it may be relative.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That is true but the amplifier not only makes the music louder it also makes mistakes and sloppy play louder.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
It's no excuse to play with any less care or precision,

but as a whole, they are more forgiving. Especially when you play with distortion.
i just playerd with my friends electric guitar today and i can tell you one thing.... the strings were ALOT softer and easier to press on. it was really different though, not saying its much easir just a different feel. like sitting down with an electric feels alot less comfortable then sitting down with an acoustic because the electric is so much thinner and wobbles back and forth..... standing up makes up for it.
its easier but acoustic was really good for makin my fingers stronger..
Ya i think its a real help for anyone to start on acoustic....Really toughens up the strength of your hand/fingers
Damien Rice === Legend
Quote by guitarguy182
Ya i think its a real help for anyone to start on acoustic....Really toughens up the strength of your hand/fingers

or you could just use heavier gauge strings. and higher action
Quote by imgooley
or you could just use heavier gauge strings. and higher action

Because a begginer is really goin to punish hismself like that
Damien Rice === Legend
or you know, you can play the instrument that suits ur style of play better.
sounding the way your heros sound, might actually encourage you more than playing the acoustic version of anything metal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by guitarguy182
Are electrics just allround easier to play..are things like barre chords,power chords much smoother or is this all relative to the player

It's relative to the player. I'm pretty good (not great) on acoustic but I suck at electric. They just feel too different and have never been able to get used to them.
Not taking any online orders.
^ similarly, it took me forever to get better at electric, because i was stuck in acoustic mode for so long.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011