Poll Options
View poll results: Which is better
Japanese guitarists
27 26%
American Guitarists
76 74%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
im bored and i was searching and apparently everybody thinks Jap. or asian guitarists are better than american guitarists.
so which do you think is better?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Mar 16, 2008,
American. Because I'm patriotic and stuff. That's also why I only use AIM.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Mongolians!

Damn them for breaking down the city wall.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Jack Off Jill
American. Because I'm patriotic and stuff. That's also why I only use AIM.

America, fuck yeah!
Idk about better, but nearly every Asian I've seen who could play guitar was freakin amazing.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
why, american = retarded too? nice...

im american (Filipino though) but nationality and ethnicity and w/e has nothing to do with skill.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
what a stupid question
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
All I'm saying is having Duane Allman play against Herman Li would be like a second dropping of the A-Bomb.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

i'm american but i think jap girls can be hot sometimes
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by Jack Off Jill
All I'm saying is having Duane Allman play against Herman Li would be like a second dropping of the A-Bomb.

last time i checked herman li was chinese

well i'm a damn jap but i find americans more talented because i think that japanese music sucks ass, mainly because they throw in random english words or phrases that have no relevance to the song, or they end up pulling a bono and try counting to for and go 1, 2, 3, 14!!!
...hmm its a hard call but if i use StaticX as an example the solo that john5 did on (i cant remember the name o the song) was so much better than the one their guitarist did (their guitarist is japanese)
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by chinkboy7

well i'm a damn jap but i find americans more talented because i think that japanese music sucks ass, mainly because they throw in random english words or phrases that have no relevance to the song, or they end up pulling a bono and try counting to for and go 1, 2, 3, 14!!!

1st post says japanese or asian.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Swedish guitarists pwn both, so who cares?

i said that in my head before you did
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by happytimeharry
America, fuck yeah!

u forgot TEAM

its "TEAM America, Fuck YEA!
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by chinkboy7

Chinese, Japanese... Same thing. Just like my Mexican brethren are the same thing as the Cubans and Puerto Ricans.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by happytimeharry
America, fuck yeah!

Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day yeah!
Quote by freedoms_stain
1st post says japanese or asian.

oh yeah..... forgot that I also forgot that most japanese people consider themselves better than the other asians (especially filipinos) if you think i'm making this up im not my mom is a jap and her and most of the people i met in japan believe this and it's also supposed to be a known fact.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Chinese, Japanese... Same thing. Just like my Mexican brethren are the same thing as the Cubans and Puerto Ricans.

So . . . if Herman Li was born in Hong Kong when it was still a part of the UK, does that make him an American?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
So . . . if Herman Li was born in Hong Kong when it was still a part of the UK, does that make him an American?

Of course it does, moron! Sheesh...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

it's ignorant white people like you that piss me off one asian group is completely different than another asian culturally, languagewise and many other reasons.

the difference between cuba and puerto rico is

1 cubans are commies

and

2 america owns puerto rico
I beat an Asian at ping pong.

All of them aren't invincible!

Quote by chinkboy7
it's ignorant white people like you that piss me off one asian group is completely different than another asian culturally, languagewise and many other reasons.

Your username is chinkboy!
Who dat?
Quote by chinkboy7

Fix your sarcasm detector, it definitely isn't working.
Quote by chinkboy7

I'm a Mexican, moron. And I was joking.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by shred745
Fix your sarcasm detector, it definitely isn't working.

sorry I've live in a whitebred town in which the only noticable minority are mexicans and the asian and black population are both 5 (not percent thats the total number of both not combined) so I'm used to getting stupid comments like that
Quote by Anarion614
Your username is chinkboy!

Pikachu is Japanese.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Anarion614
I beat an Asian at ping pong.

All of them aren't invincible!

Damn, I laughed at that.
Quote by chinkboy7
sorry I've live in a whitebred town in which the only noticable minority are mexicans and the asian and black population are both 5 (not percent thats the total number of both not combined) so I'm used to getting stupid comments like that

It still applies, the question is about asian guitarists, not just Japanese guitarists. And your definition of the difference between Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans is still inaccuate.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by hugmeplz
America has John Petrucci, so.....

+1 haha

but really you should make it "western" or "asian". I live in China and I do have to say that there are a few good ones, but nothing too exceptional that would just stand apart from what there is in a western country.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It still applies, the question is about asian guitarists, not just Japanese guitarists. And your definition of the difference between Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans is still inaccuate.

1 i never said anything about mexicans

2 cuba is a communist country

3 puerto rico is a territory of the united states and had the oppurtunity to become a state but voted against it
Page 1 of 2