I've been looking to get a new amp for ever now, and settled on a Traynor Blue 50 watt.
On Musician's Friend/ Guitar Center they are $750, but I found one on eBay for $600 new.

I haven't gotten it yet but have heard great things about it for as long as it's been out.
Is this a good amp? Was it a great decision to get one without playing it? (my current amp is a 2nd hand solid state Marshall with a 10 inch speaker)

I thought this amp will be great but my cousin (experienced player, older, successful band...) seems to think I overpaid by way too much and should have gotten a half stack.
I guess that's what prompted me to ask UG what they think about this amp.
(my cousin plays a Randall head through a Beringher 4x12)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
well, being that i own it. I think its a good amp for the most part. I wish my reverb worked for one , and also I'm having an issue with microphonics, but i probably shouldnt be turning my amp's EQ to that level anyways.
It can cover a variety of tones, but will need an OD to do thrash/metal (the light metal, not any BFMV type stuff)

Your cousin knows nothing about amps. Just ignore him. I got bashed the other day too. My friend told me that i was stupid for buying a 1x12, and that its all about halfstacks. He also told me how good his friends '150 watt spider' sounded.
1: Behringer cabs suck.
2: If he's playing thru a behringer cab, his randall head probably sucks too.

Oh yeah, i've got clips in mah profile. My mic sucks though, so it doesnt sound as good as it does in person.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
traynor blues are sacred. they make the marshall sound better than marshall. im actually going to be purchasing one in a few weeks. i play mainly rock. it is definitely a good buy
I think the best part of a Traynor Blue is the Blue Tolex. That stuff is off the hook.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I thought this amp will be great but my cousin (experienced player, older, successful band...) seems to think I overpaid by way too much and should have gotten a half stack.
I guess that's what prompted me to ask UG what they think about this amp.
(my cousin plays a Randall head through a Beringher 4x12)

Your cousin has managed to be successful despite a complete lack of knowledge regarding guitar gear. And, probably, terrible tone. Your new amp kicks the living sh*t out of his. You got a very good deal if it is indeed brand new.

Once he wakes up, he's going to be jealous.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Let him play it, then watch as he is sudennly encompassed by a monumental battle between his preconceptions and his ears.

His eyes will go all wide, but he won't say anything, then his jaw will drop a little and he'll stammer something about it being "okay I suppose", and when he finishes he'll walk away muttering to himself about "how can that little thing completely pwn my uberstack of death???"

He'll leave a broken man, but will be stronger for it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^

And yeah TS, yours will definately rape his.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--