I own the crunch box and really seems to be one of the better distortions out there. Just wondering if anyone owns any other pedals of theirs?
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I'm also using a crunchbox, modded with presence control. it's really the best high gain distortion around. And it makes very little noise too. It's great. I've used and tried quite a number of distortion boxes, including the Metal Muff, Big Muff, AMT tube platinum, DS-2, line 6 uber metal, other Boss distortions and multi-effect distortions, etc, and none of them can best the crunchbox

it is said that the blues pro stacks with the crunchbox very well. is this just commercial crap to make buyers get the blues pro, or is it really true? I'm using a tubescreamer to stack with my crunchbox. how better is the blues pro than the tubescreamer?
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Last edited by lithium26 at Mar 16, 2008,
another fellow owner of a crunchbox...
nice....
but i'm drooling for a Tube Zone...
the chrome finishing is just....
OOoooooo
I have both a Crunch Box and a BLues Pro. They are both awesome pedals and they do stack quite well with each other.
yeah the BP and CB stack well together. i have the Tube Zone... great pedal. looking forward to the new delay and phaser that are coming out.
check out catalinbread and subdecay pedals as well if you like Mi Audio.. then open yourself up to a world of boutique!
Sigs are too hard to think up
if i can find a neo fuzz in a shop i might buy one. (i live in melbourne aus so it shouldnt be too hard)
I've got a Neo Fuzz and I absolutely love it. It's versatile and sounds great, so I can get any classic tone with it, really. Definitely worth buying
i have the blues pro, since i got it iv scraped my pedal board and just use that through the amp.
an excellent pedal great tone.
yeah want to get my hands on one of the fuzz's next.
quite hard to find in the uk tho
ive got a crunch box too...i love it but im too cheap to buy the electric outuput so im running on battery power, unforunately ive left in on overnight twice and keep running out of battery...soo annyoing
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
The crunch box with the barber trifecta fuzz is really a huge fat sound. Just can't stop playing because of it.
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Denthúl
I've got a Neo Fuzz and I absolutely love it. It's versatile and sounds great, so I can get any classic tone with it, really. Definitely worth buying

so is it good at a smooth fat tone? most of all one that never sounds harsh.
I had a Neo Fuzz, thought it to be too much of a tweakers pedal. I also had a Crunch box which was good untill i bought my Orange AD30HTC. I sold both of them, i still have a TubeZone which i used to use as a Booster but am now selling and looking at getting a treble booster instead. They've bought out an amp, i'd probably look into buying it if it wasn't so damn complicated, I much prefer amps designed to nail one sound, no compromise a bit off every sound. Then again i havent tried one, but the only multi-sound amp i really like is the Bogner XTC, and i'm not sure if its gunna be THAT good.

Oh and by the way the Neo is very smooth, awesome sounding but I couldn't justify keeping a pedal for one song that sounded just as good clean with power tube overdrive on my twin.
Big fan. I've had over the past months a Crunch Box, Boost N Buff and Blues Pro. Unfortunately I constantly get broke and I was never able to keep them for more than a few months...

They were ALL great. The Crunch box doesn't do much low gain sounds but it's a real nice Marshall vibe tone. Doesn't clean up great though. It's a full on proper distortion.
The Boost N Buff is a very useable boost with a nice buffer which would be great the beginning or end of your signal chain. Cheap and very useful.
The Blues Pro was pretty much a veeeeryyyy sweet sounding Overdrive... but I had a SD1 I'd previously modded which sounds pretty close. It's thick and meaty, full of harmonics and very rich sounding. It's got loads of scope within its controls. It's NOT another tube screamer (yuck), it's a different sounding yet very sweet overdrive you actually CAN use by itself.
Thanks for all the feedback.
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
got a neo fuzz few days ago and love it.

just one thing. for other neo fuzz owners, how do i make it sound less lo-fi without reducing the gain too much?
ive found that you simply cant have too much gain so i dont go past 12 o'clock. nothing i do can change it. if i want higher gain il have to use amp+pedal.

biasing and the 3 way switch can help but not enuf.

its still a great pedal and i can get wonderfull blues, rock and (some) metal tones out of it. only thing i cant do well with it is shred which is a pity cause i play a fair bit of that.
I own a Neo Fuzz, best fuzz pedal I have ever heard . I'm wondering how good the MI Audio Revelation is going to be.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Aaron_C
I own a Neo Fuzz, best fuzz pedal I have ever heard . I'm wondering how good the MI Audio Revelation is going to be.

i compared it head to head with a blackstar valve distortion pedal and easily prefered it. it was just much more transparent and and balanced across the spectrum. remember... its a fuzz

the neo fuzz is a tricky pedal to get used to with all those knobs. are there any settings that you have found that you really like? il show you one that i like.

volume 5, gain 5, tone 4, body 7, bias 5ish, load 7
Quote by no_thing101
i compared it head to head with a blackstar valve distortion pedal and easily prefered it. it was just much more transparent and and balanced across the spectrum. remember... its a fuzz

the neo fuzz is a tricky pedal to get used to with all those knobs. are there any settings that you have found that you really like? il show you one that i like.

volume 5, gain 5, tone 4, body 7, bias 5ish, load 7

My favorite setting is everything at around 12 o'clock besides fuzz at 3- 4 o'clock and body at 10-11 o'clock, pretty much the setting you mentioned however I use OD with TS esque mid hump (the bad monkey) in front of the neo fuzz to boost the volume and bite going into the fuzz pedal.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
I also had a Neo Fuzz, sold it to Denthul.. Great pedal but I never really used it so I figured I'd be better off with the money instead. It's definitely a tweaker pedal though, with enough time/patience you can get pretty much any fuzz sound you'd ever want out of it..

I'm hankering for a blues pro OD now but MI Audio are never on UK eBay or anything and I'm too cheap to buy new stuff..