Hey, for a while i've been wanting an electric and i thought, why not make one? Don't worry, not from scratch, i'm planning on buying the neck, but i do want to build the body in my design technology class next year. So i'm basically wanting it just like the standard fat strat i wanna buy. THis july i'm going to aus (i live in jakarta) so i would buy my parts there. I'm thinking of buying alder for the body (Good idea?). I'm not good at electronics so i would be wanting to buy a pre made electronic setup...(Which one is good?), for the neck i would just try buy a standard strat neck...my budget is under 400$. I would like my colour scheme to be black and chrome, chrome for the electronics and pickguard btw. Is this whole plan possible? All advice, stories, insults, links are welcome! Thanks!
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Ask Perry (ormsby guitars) for body wood. as for electronics go with GuitarFetish.com. Paint i would say warmoth the same with the neck. hardware go to guitarfetish as well.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Cool, are they all quite cheap and ship to sydney? (Shipping to jakarta is a nightmare)
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x