Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know of any good cardio exercises that I can do in my house that are good for losing some excess fat? I've been doing push-ups and crunches but those aren't really for burning fat, so yeah.
Fap....While doing jumping jacks....It feels awesome and it's good for your health
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by fattymcfatten
Fap....While doing jumping jacks....It feels awesome and it's good for your health

If I did jumping jacks for like half an hour a day would that help at all?

Quote by iamnotrabid

Anything that gets you moving will help. A good indicator that you're doing effective exercise is that you get tired.

EDIT: Jumping jacks for half an hour would be brutally painful. Once you get into the hundreds, you're dying no matter what.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Mar 16, 2008,
Walk on a tread mill, and try to work up to an hour a day, going at a good, solid walking pace. It will do wonders, fattie.

Just jokes.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Drink Green tea. Cut down on sugars and take lots of water!

Going for walks is good too, it's less strenuous than running but it saves your knees.

Swimming is great too if you have a pool at home.
Quote by iamnotrabid

Yeah....If you look at my name, you could probably guess whether I'm overweight or not....But seriously, I've lost 20 pounds in the past 4 months. I do at least thirty minutes of cardio per day....And I did slim fast for about a week....I know, you think of slimfast and you think, "drink chocolate milk for a week?" but no it's not like that....Go online at the slimfast page and it'll give you a detailed diet that you should follow according to your weight....I'm fat enough to where I can eat meal bar or shake for breakfast, a bar or shake with a sandwich for lunch, and something with preferably chicken and vegetables in it for dinner....I know it sounds like it sucks, but it's only for a week, and it helps you with portion control, so that when you're done, you don't eat as much of anything, thus not gaining as much weight as you had been...But yeah....at least thirty minutes of cardio, and pushups and sit ups....That's what I've been doing.....So give it a go.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by theshroomman
stop eating animal products
animal = only source of cholesterol
stop, or cut down lol

Yeah, because cholesterol only comes from animals . . . You are an animal . . .
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by fattymcfatten
Yeah....If you look at my name, you could probably guess whether I'm overweight or not....But seriously, I've lost 20 pounds in the past 4 months. I do at least thirty minutes of cardio per day....And I did slim fast for about a week....I know, you think of slimfast and you think, "drink chocolate milk for a week?" but no it's not like that....Go online at the slimfast page and it'll give you a detailed diet that you should follow according to your weight....I'm fat enough to where I can eat meal bar or shake for breakfast, a bar or shake with a sandwich for lunch, and something with preferably chicken and vegetables in it for dinner....I know it sounds like it sucks, but it's only for a week, and it helps you with portion control, so that when you're done, you don't eat as much of anything, thus not gaining as much weight as you had been...But yeah....at least thirty minutes of cardio, and pushups and sit ups....That's what I've been doing.....So give it a go.

Do you jumping jacks count as cardio? Cuz I don't have access to any equipment.
Quote by iamnotrabid

I guess....You're moving at a moderate to quick rate and it gets your blood pumping and ups you're breathing....So I guess it is....But also walking/jogging helps....You could try 40 jumping jacks then a 4 minute jog/walk then 40 jumping jacks then a 4 minute jog/walk etc. etc.....Just try that or something until you get tired.....And don't get comfortable with what you're doing....Always try harder....Never let it get easy to do.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by iamnotrabid

I'm telling you man, it doesn't take anything but movement to exercise. If you touch your toes, or even your knee caps two hundred times a day, you're doing exercise! Anything that makes you break a sweat is good to go.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Yeah, because cholesterol only comes from animals . . . You are an animal . . .

whats your point?
Are sit-up cardio?

If so, do them.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Quote by shrdtilyourdead
running is THE best cardio out there

Boxing is mate.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by theshroomman
whats your point?

Becoming a vegetarian isn't necessarily going to stop you from being fat.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc

Not only that, but becoming a vegetarian keeps you from eating hamburgers and almost any mexican food, which is not good....You need mexican food

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by fattymcfatten
Not only that, but becoming a vegetarian keeps you from eating hamburgers and almost any mexican food, which is not good....You need mexican food

I can never get enough whale blubber.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
I can never get enough whale blubber.

Exactly, isn't it the best ever? And the rice and beans on the side? Can't stop.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by fattymcfatten
Exactly, isn't it the best ever? And the rice and beans on the side? Can't stop.

Those Mexicans sure know how to grill a mean whale.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by theshroomman
stop eating animal products
animal = only source of cholesterol
stop, or cut down lol

He said he wanted to lose some fat not become unhealthy and fragile.
Quote by sSyLc

im aware, but you wont gain much more fat, if any
Quote by Cstatho
He said he wanted to lose some fat not become unhealthy and fragile.

im aware.
ps. sorry fer the double post, i dont know how to quote twice in one post
Quote by theshroomman
im aware, but you wont gain much more fat, if any

Well if you eat sweets and sit around all day, you'll make your own fat, and be fat, just like if you ate fat and did nothing to burn it off.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Well if you eat sweets and sit around all day, you'll make your own fat, and be fat, just like if you ate fat and did nothing to burn it off.

ah true enough.
i was just recommending one way he could prevent weight gain, didnt really consider sugar etc..
Quote by theshroomman
ah true enough.
i was just recommending one way he could prevent weight gain, didnt really consider sugar etc..

Hey, no worries. You're right - not eating animal products does mean you'll be eating less fatty stuff, but I don't think it's an ideal weight-loss program.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Mar 16, 2008,
Quote by Volta_91

also, btw mars volta fu ckin suck idiot, listen to some real music like trivium and killswitch................

or GTFO!!!!!!
Swimming is the best form of Cardio you can do, however, it is low impact.

Running is good if you want to strengthen your leg bones a bit.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
i heard skipping is a real good cardio exersise, boxing style skipping

is this correct? does anybody no?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
If only you guys could see my computer room after I read this news...
Shit...seamen...drool...ravioli...EVERYWHERE!!!
I use it before I box. It's a good warm up. Never been bothered to take it beyond that much .

You gotta use a weighted leather skipping rope though, otherwise it's not worth it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Drink more squash or water. Eat to a regular time table. Jog. Hitting five portions a day will give you a suprisingly amount of extra energy. More motivation due to energy = more exercise = more fat burned. Some fruits are brillant fat burners too (Strawberries being one).

Bloody simple but works a charm.
Quote by lolpopguy
also, btw mars volta fu ckin suck idiot, listen to some real music like trivium and killswitch................

or GTFO!!!!!!

If the Mars Volta suck, why are they as big as they are?
I'm not saying I like the Mars Volta, but they have to be talented if they are getting payed for what they are doing; as are Trivium and Killswitch.

So you should shut up, moron.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Page 1 of 2