Page 1 of 5
I heard that there was supposed to be a movie on Bob Marleys life coming out in 09 or 10. Apparently his wife approved it and its in production now. Anyone know anything more about this? Also, when is the Hendrix movie due?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Just what we need. Another movie to bring more attention to a musician who everyone will then jump on the bandwagon for. Then they'll start getting dread locks, smoking pot, talking about peace, and annoying me even more.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Just what we need. Another movie to bring more attention to a musician who everyone will then jump on the bandwagon for. Then they'll start getting dread locks, smoking pot, talking about peace, and annoying me even more.

absolutely correct, screw bob marley, they should make a movie about you
Quote by NeverReadyWyatt
absolutely correct, screw bob marley, they should make a movie about you

Hell yeah, that would be an awesome movie. This is the second time there has been demand on UG for a movie about me, so I think Miramax better option my biopic. Though.. The one I wrote involves me being a rapper, and has a giant man eating spider who plays the drums, and doesn't believe in violence..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

There's a Biggie Smalls biopic in preproduction right now. I say yes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
haha who else loved walk hard?
whenever someone brings up a movie about a musician i think of that

"i want an army of 50,000 digiridoo players!"
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Hell yeah, that would be an awesome movie. This is the second time there has been demand on UG for a movie about me, so I think Miramax better option my biopic. Though.. The one I wrote involves me being a rapper, and has a giant man eating spider who plays the drums, and doesn't believe in violence..

Id watch it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Jack Off Jill

YES I LOVE WATCHING MOVIES ABOUT PEOPLE JERKING OFF!!!! MAKE A FILM ABOUT (JACK OFF JILL)!!! I'LL BE SET FOR LIFE...PATHETIC!!!!...
Quote by shiwi1
YES I LOVE WATCHING MOVIES ABOUT PEOPLE JERKING OFF!!!! MAKE A FILM ABOUT (JACK OFF JILL)!!! I'LL BE SET FOR LIFE...PATHETIC!!!!...

Watching other people masturbate is the closest thing you're going to get to having sex any time soon, so you may as well settle.

Anyway, that's not what my movie would be about.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

We can only hope, if this movie promotes peace and the general public see's it as "cool" it will do the world loads of good.
Quote by maccas666
We can only hope, if this movie promotes peace and the general public see's it as "cool" it will do the world loads of good.

You raise a good point. If only the majority of American citizens wanted out of the war in Iraq, maybe we would get out.

Oh.. Wait.
Quote by vintage x metal

I love Bob Marley

but i say we BOYCOTT this movie
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Watching other people masturbate is the closest thing you're going to get to having sex any time soon, so you may as well settle.

Anyway, that's not what my movie would be about.

i get all the pussy i want...you're just a f***ing pee on....the only pussy you've seen is on the way outta one....what are you??? ten years old?!?!?! shut up and go cut your freaking self emo kid!!!!
Quote by shiwi1
i get all the pussy i want...you're just a f***ing pee on....the only pussy you've seen is on the way outta one....what are you??? ten years old?!?!?! shut up and go cut your freaking self emo kid!!!!

yeah man, cuz a guy that gets all that pussy must be as stressed out as you obviously are
Quote by shiwi1

It's spelled P-E-O-N. It's a sad state of affairs when someone who can't spell simple words is getting laid more than me, if that's true. Also, I was born via C-Section, so I don't even have THAT goin' for me.
Quote by vintage x metal

You raise a good point. If only the majority of American citizens wanted out of the war in Iraq, maybe we would get out.

Oh.. Wait.<<<< this is what i would expect out of someone who's never been to war...go hide behind your ****ing rock...pussy...<<<<from some one who has seen war twice without stupidity!!!!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It's spelled P-E-O-N. It's a sad state of affairs when someone who can't spell simple words is getting laid more than me, if that's true.

Especially simple words that were in WarCraft.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by shiwi1

Oh.. Wait.<<<< this is what i would expect out of someone who's never been to war...go hide behind your ****ing rock...pussy...<<<<from some one who has seen war twice without stupidity!!!!

It's something you would expect from someone who disagrees with the war, and most other wars our county has fought in quite some time, actually. I disagee with people cutting their legs off on purpose, too. Does that mean I'm wrong because I've never done it?
Quote by vintage x metal

^ No, but doing it might give you a better appreciation for it.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
^ No, but doing it might give you a better appreciation for it.

Good point. *Searches for his hack saw*
Quote by vintage x metal

hahaha....i don't care...i've talked enough...say what you gotta say you're still a ****ing PEE-ON!!! WHICH MEANS I PEE ON YOU...HAHAHA...GET A FREAKING CLUE...OH WELL...i guess you have your head so far up your ass...anyway...i'm so far over you....hahahahahahahahahaha...watch...this is what i gotta say....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....and yes....hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahaha...it's what i gotta say...OMG....i spelled hahahha wrong!!! holy ****!!! call the ****ing vatican!!! tell the pope i spelled **** wrong!!!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Oh.. Wait.

Lol, that's not my point at all.

If it changes the state of mind of violent people it will do good for the individual.
Quote by shiwi1
hahaha....i don't care...i've talked enough...say what you gotta say you're still a ****ing PEE-ON!!! WHICH MEANS I PEE ON YOU...HAHAHA...GET A FREAKING CLUE...OH WELL...i guess you have your head so far up your ass...anyway...i'm so far over you....hahahahahahahahahaha...watch...this is what i gotta say....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....and yes....hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahaha...it's what i gotta say...OMG....i spelled hahahha wrong!!! holy ****!!! call the ****ing vatican!!! tell the pope i spelled **** wrong!!!

I don't have the new Pope's phone number. But I have the last one on speed dial. If you would just watch my biopic, you would have known that.
Quote by maccas666
Lol, that's not my point at all.

If it changes the state of mind of violent people it will do good for the individual.

Now, I'm no expert.. But I think most people know violence is bad.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by shiwi1

..... You are ridiculous. You obviously are really ****ed up on drugs, are you NEED to be on drugs. You're idiocy is too ridiculous for (I hope) anyone to take you seriously.

And if anything, you are a Peon, cuz you are the Government's little bitch doing favors for there war mongering needs.

We are the ones building/ fixing american homes, giving the food, the tools and requirements for americans in every day life.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Now, I'm no expert.. But I think most people know violence is bad.

Not just violence, any negative people.
It's just i think positive influence's will do these negative people a world of good.

I'm not only talking about the bob marley movie, but any movie, band etc etc with a positive influence would be great, the majority is negative these days.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I don't have the new Pope's phone number. But I have the last one on speed dial. If you would just watch my biopic, you would have known that.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but he died like 3 years ago.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by maccas666
Not just violence, any negative people.
It's just i think positive influence's will do these negative people a world of good.

I'm not only talking about the bob marley movie, but any movie, band etc etc with a positive influence would be great, the majority is negative these days.

I would honestly like to agree with you, but for the most part that doesn't work. In the perfect world it would (But if we lived in one of those, we wouldn't need one of these) but for the most part, when people are influenced by these types of things it is just a temporary thing. How many of those straight edge guys who were influenced by Minor Threat are still not drinking or using?
Quote by sSyLc
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but he died like 3 years ago.

I guess you missed the words, "Old one." If you watched my biopic, you'd know I attended the funeral. I was a pall bearer.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I would honestly like to agree with you, but for the most part that doesn't work. In the perfect world it would (But if we lived in one of those, we wouldn't need one of these) but for the most part, when people are influenced by these types of things it is just a temporary thing. How many of those straight edge guys who were influenced by Minor Threat are still not drinking or using?

yeah you have a few good points in there, but even a temporary influence is good.
I just think if there was MORE positive influence's about it would make this temporary time last a lot longer, you are definetely right with everything you said though.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I guess you missed the words, "Old one." If you watched my biopic, you'd know I attended the funeral. I was a pall bearer.

I saw that, I was just unaware that Popes were only succeeded after they died . . .
I don't understand what that has to do with a naked dude playing guitar.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by maccas666
yeah you have a few good points in there, but even a temporary influence is good.
I just think if there was MORE positive influence's about it would make this temporary time last a lot longer, you are definetely right with everything you said though.

Damn. I said something with good points in it. I better say something completely unrelated in order to balance this out:

Did you know that my cell phone has a lot of scratches on it because I keep throwing it at stuff?

Ah, now I feel better.
Quote by sSyLc
I saw that, I was just unaware that Popes were only succeeded after they died . . .
I don't understand what that has to do with a naked dude playing guitar.

My life is used as an artistic statement to prove once and for all that there is no fate, and life is nothing but random occurances. And sometimes they equal true awesome.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Damn. I said something with good points in it. I better say something completely unrelated in order to balance this out:

Did you know that my cell phone has a lot of scratches on it because I keep throwing it at stuff?

Ah, now I feel better.

Way to ruin an interesting conversation.

But seriously, i had the same problem with my old phone.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
My life is used as an artistic statement to prove once and for all that there is no fate, and life is nothing but random occurances. And sometimes they equal true awesome.

Are you trying to tell me that your guitar is the old Pope's coffin?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by maccas666
Way to ruin an interesting conversation.

But seriously, i had the same problem with my old phone.

I thought we were done.

Well: I'd like to think some books, movies, and music can influence some people for the rest of their lives. For example, I think the books and movies Clive Barker made will affect me until the day I die. I think the music of Alice in Chains and Fela Kuti will influence me until then, and I think the books of Noam Chomsky had an effect on me. But, I just can't imagine the majoity, or even enough people to really make a difference, would get a good impact. I mean hell, the people who are currently running our country are the hippies from the sixties.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I thought we were done.

Well: I'd like to think some books, movies, and music can influence some people for the rest of their lives. For example, I think the books and movies Clive Barker made will affect me until the day I die. I think the music of Alice in Chains and Fela Kuti will influence me until then, and I think the books of Noam Chomsky had an effect on me. But, I just can't imagine the majoity, or even enough people to really make a difference, would get a good impact. I mean hell, the people who are currently running our country are the hippies from the sixties.

Yeah hippies abandoned their beliefs.

And is clive baker really a positive influence? I havn't read any of his books, but i've seen hellraiser
OH JACK OFF JILL.....what have you done?!....jack off for a ****ing hill...try...fighting for a thing you don't belive in...and THEN...try to make a difference....you won't get no ****ing far...its people like you!!!! who have never felft what it is like...what is like to shoot some one for ur own country...well if it means to loath off everyone else's misery then so be it....i've been somewhere....if it hasn't somewhere you haven't been then so well **** it...
Quote by maccas666

And is clive baker really a positive influence? I havn't read any of his books, but i've seen hellraiser

Good point!
Quote by maccas666

Well, you have to keep in mind: I've always felt Clive Barker is the greatest artist of recent yeas. His books and movies scared me to death when I was a kid, they made me feel something. When I began practicing expessions of creativity, I wanted to make people feel something like that, even if it is something that keeps them from using the bathroom at night until they're in high school.

Not to mention, he's openly homosexual. I'm not gay, but I have a lot respect for someone who would open himself up like that to everyone, and not be ashamed of it. It frees him up to write about whatever he wants. Also, I've always had a fairly twisted sense of humor, and because I'm bipolar I tend to have somewhat disturbing thoughts from time to time. When I was younger, if I drew anything somewhat scary to adults I'd get static over it. My parents used to freak out at some of the words I was writing, and drawings I made. But eventually, I didn't feel like I was a freak because of it, I felt like it was perfectly normal. And now that I'm a song writer, Clive has a huge influence on my work. I tend to blur the lines between reality and fantasy when writing, which I probably picked up from him. And that kind of thing would really speak to someone who is bipolar, it's something we do all the time.
Quote by shiwi1
OH JACK OFF JILL.....what have you done?!....jack off for a ****ing hill...try...fighting for a thing you don't belive in...and THEN...try to make a difference....you won't get no ****ing far...its people like you!!!! who have never felft what it is like...what is like to shoot some one for ur own country...well if it means to loath off everyone else's misery then so be it....i've been somewhere....if it hasn't somewhere you haven't been then so well **** it...

Go away, I can't defend myself without offending you.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 16, 2008,
Page 1 of 5