Ok. Me and my friend are having an argument right now.

If you say that "today is the worst day since yesterday," which day would be worse, today or yesterday?

I'm saying that yesterday would be worse and my friend is saying today would be worse.

----------------------------

Think of it like this.

If you said today is the rainiest day since Thursday, Thursday has to be rainier. So if you say today is the worst day since yesterday, than yesterday is worse.

Who's right?!
Not necessarily. Maybe you're only including all the days since yesterday. Yesterday is a landmark of some sort, for some reason, but it's not for sure that it was worse than today. In general though, when people say that kind of stuff, you're right.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Neither of you is right, it would be equal.

*goes back to Sly and the Family Stone listening*
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
sad

and your right
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i dont usually say this but you guys need to go get high or something
signed,
your favorite poster
Happy Birthday JOJ.

You don't give enough information in the statement. To be the worst day since Day 1, you're only comparing Days 2, 3, 4, 5 etc to each other, with Day 1 as the benchmark.
"Since yesterday, I have eaten two bagels and one Haitian prostitute."
Like blue strat said, it's got nothing to do with yesterday, only what's happened since.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I think I've become awesome enough on UG to have a thread spammed to say Happy Birthday.

Anyway, if I say "There haven't been this many protests since the Vietnam War" then that means the protests that are going on today would have to equal or surpass those that happened in the sixties. It's talking about the wars+time in between Vietnam and today that don't equal the previous ones. So you're both wrong, though your friend is slightly less wrong.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Neither of you is right, it would be equal.

*goes back to Sly and the Family Stone listening*

exactly.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by clay pots
exactly.

So.. You're down the the Stone?
Quote by vintage x metal

You are both idiots.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
You are both idiots.

And by association, everyone that agreed with him is as well? So I'm still good, right?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And by association, everyone that agreed with him is as well? So I'm still good, right?

Yeah, you're still good.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Well, on Sportscenter, if they say something like "that's the most home runs in a season since 1974", the 1974 season had more home runs. But once again, I am faced with the sad truth that life is not a sports highlight show. I agree with JOJ.
<Han> I love Hitler