as some of you may know, i am crazy about gibson guitars... and that i used to have an epiphone explorer... well ever since i sold it there has been a pretty damn hole that my les paul doesnt quite fill and a few weeks ago i saw this black 2005 gibson explorer(same year as my old epi) at guitar center for 649 used on clearance and i was pondering upon the idea of buying it....

... so anyway, i went in there today and it was still there so i figured what the hell and tried it out again. the jack was cutting out badly, a salesman came up to me and asked if i needed any help and i said yeah i really wanna buy this explorer but the fact that the jack is bad is kinda turning me away. so the guy brings out a brand new 2008 one just like it and i was like dude im not dropping a grand on a new one when i can have this one 3 years old for almost half the price... so he was like well we can fix the jack for you if you want but it will be a $45 dollar upcharge. so i said how about i take it as is? the sales dude kinda hesitated and was like well sure but...... and i cut him off and said i dont want to pay 649 on a guitar that wont even work when i plug it in and he said how about 575? i played off like i was seriously thinking about it and was like i really dont have the money

(i could so tell this guy was desperate to get rid of this thing so i took him for all he had)

after that i kinda was like ehhhhh and he was like how about 560? and i said 525 and you have a deal and the guy was like right on man lets go bring this over to the counter

so anyway after all that was done i dropped 200 dollars down on it.... and im picking it up in 2 weeks when i get paid again... im actually very happy...... even though the guitars electronics are problematic i can fix them myself so im really stoked about this thing

and i know my grammar sucks so i am truly sorry.... but in 2 weeks when i get it i will have pictures for all you guys
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Mar 16, 2008,
very nice man. glad to hear you found a purchase youre happy with.

I cant say im a gibson fanatic... but the gibson SG always knows how to give me a hard on...

one day when i find a lefty in store that I can play... i will have it... one day....
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

I cant say im a gibson fanatic... but the gibson SG always knows how to give me a hard on...

one day when i find a lefty in store that I can play... i will have it... one day....

Same.. Same.. I absolutely LOVE the SG. It's got the comfort of a strat, it's got good upper fret access, and it's got good sustain & tone!
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

hell yeah dude sgs are sexy... the lead player in the band im in has a turquoise one and it is sexy... he keeps it at my house so i have access to it all the time but im a big dude and the sgs are a little too small for me im very fond of the playability and comfort and look of the explorers
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb