I just wanted to see them on the board, they are more 'classic' than most of the stuff being discussed here. Steve Cropper is one of the best-respected guitarists among 'guitar heroes', and yet doesn't seem to get the attention he deserves among aspiring guitarists simply because his genius is of the soft-spoken variety (as with Mark Knopfler, Jeff Beck, etc). Also, Cropper cowrote and performs "Dock of the Bay" with Otis Redding, one of the most 'classic' songs in the entire rock lexicon imho...anyway whoever knows what i'm talking about, pay your respects to Booker T & the M.G.'s.
It doesn't even have to be new, I'd take an old one, even from like 1959 or something...
Steve Cropper is one of my favorite guitarists, but isn't this more of a Blues/jazz forum type thing?

I love Cropper's very subtle type of lead, it's very tight, and very nice to hear, and the Hammond B3 is probably the coolest sounding instrument ever conceived
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
Steve Cropper is one of my favorite guitarists, but isn't this more of a Blues/jazz forum type thing?

I love Cropper's very subtle type of lead, it's very tight, and very nice to hear, and the Hammond B3 is probably the coolest sounding instrument ever conceived

agreed in every point
Steve Cropper is a genius, and Donald Duck Dunn's basslines are awesome. Mind you, they're the only MG's in the Blues Brothers' Band, the rest of them are guys from the Saturday Night Live Band, and Matt Murphy, who played with Johnny Winter and Muddy Waters. Cropper is one of my favourite guitarists ever, in any case.