So I see ALOT of posts and threads on here pertaining to sweeping... now when I say sweeping, and when people in general see the word "sweeping" or "sweep" or "sweeps"... it's always (or very close to) about sweep... PICKING. And I can understand that... being as how this is a site about guitars... callled Ultimate Guitar. Hey, who can blame them right? Why the hell would anybody be talking about any other form of sweeping that isn't sweeping picking. Now... for those of you who don't know, sweep picking is a tecnique that one may learn that involves your picking hand moving in a strumming-sort-of motion, while your fingering (guitar, perverts) hand moves note by note... Kind of hard to explain... that's my version anyways. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Now... as I was saying, and I'm almost done so bare with me...

Sweeping seems to be about guitar on this site. So what if someone were cleaning their guitar? Would they sweep it? And can you imagine the confusion involved if someone were to do that? Anyhow.

My thoughts on sweep picking: I can't really do it. But then again, I haven't tried super hard to get to be able to do it. I'm sure if I put a couple hours into learning how to do simple sweeps I'd be able to do it easily the next day... but every once in a while I just try it... and what happens is either of these: 1. My right hand does the normal sweeping movements... while my left hand fails to function properly, or my left hand functions properly, and my picking hand picks out the notes normally. Ouch.

My thoughts of sweeping: If there was a top 5 list oh household chores that I hated the most, sweeping would definately take number 2. I got you there didn't I? All that and you though it'd be number 1.. well no. To be honest, I can't stand doing dishes by hand. I don't mind it if the water is clean, and I don't have to deal with grungy crap. Also, I don't mind drying them by hand...but I DO have chores.. and I do all of them. I have completely stopped doing dishes though... it makes my hands pruney. And you know what? Whoever (including me) fills the sink with water in preporation for their cleaning always makes the water TOO DAMN HOT. And then I have to wait to do them... which I usually forget to do by that time.

Anyways... that's my rant on Sweeping.

Thank you so much for reading.
Yeah man, I definitely think people need to sweep their kitchen floors everyday for maximum cleanliness.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
That was a very different post, I'm glad I now know your thoughts on the varius styles of sweeping.
I had to sweep the whole fucking lobby floor of the restaurant I work at last night and I'm not complaining. Quit your whining and grow a pair!

*storms off*
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
The worst part is getting it into the dust pan.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
The worst part is getting it into the dust pan.

yea, you get it in, then theres that line of crap. move back, do it again, another line! damn you sweeping!
I have no opinion on this matter.
The search bar has the best sweeps I have ever seen, why don't you ask it how to sweep?
.... wow...

Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Masonpwiley
The search bar has the best sweeps I have ever seen, why don't you ask it how to sweep?

wow, how original!
I have no opinion on this matter.
I personally don't mind the BEGINNING of the process of getting it in the dustpan.

It's that god damned extra **** that frustrates me. You get MOST of it, and there's still that line... then you try to get it, and more from your pan goes onto the floor.

It also doesn't help that the frickin' pans are never flat either. I always just swish that little line away all over the floor so that you can't notice any dirt now... just because it never obeys.
Vacuuming will never match the cleanliness of sweeping. The broom can reach those extra few inches where vacuums dare not tread.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
There's no good way to get it all in. Sometimes, I place the dustpan perpendicular to the line, but I still get another line.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Man! Don't you fucking hate it when your sweep handle snaps in half creating a sharp pointed forest of wood shards at the end of it, and stabs you best friend?!

Gawd it happens all the time!
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Also... I have cats... and they tend to get a bit hyper sometimes...

So it's not like we have a "broom hanger" or anything, and we usually just lean it up agaist the wall.

The cats start running around and sh*t, and they knock the damn thing over, and then the pan comes off the broom, and all the stuff that's in the brissles get's all over the place...

And it's not like you can vacuum everything either. It was made so that you HAVE to use one. Vacuums die eventually too. Brooms are everlasting.

SATAN

Don't even start with swiffers.
Quote by Fryer Mike
I personally don't mind the BEGINNING of the process of getting it in the dustpan.

It's that god damned extra **** that frustrates me. You get MOST of it, and there's still that line... then you try to get it, and more from your pan goes onto the floor.

It also doesn't help that the frickin' pans are never flat either. I always just swish that little line away all over the floor so that you can't notice any dirt now... just because it never obeys.

I love how this turned into a topic about sweeping with a broom.

EDIT: Oh, didn't read your whole wall of text, TS. Most of it was about sweep PICKING so I stopped reading.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Mar 16, 2008,
Purists like me believe in sweeping the dust and remnants thereof, into the dustpan a full 10 times before you call it quits. Other schools of thought are messy.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
"i vaccum pick"
...do u mean sweep pick?
"no i VACCUM PICK!"
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by darkstar2466
Vacuuming will never match the cleanliness of sweeping. The broom can reach those extra few inches where vacuums dare not tread.

Yeah, even though sweeping is a pain in the arse, I like it more for cleanliness.

This thread is... unusual. I'm not really sure what the topic is - but it provided me with a good read.
Quote by albinokrikit
"i vaccum pick"
...do u mean sweep pick?
"no i VACCUM PICK!"

Lol... that's what the future holds for guitarists...

When people finally make a vacuum that cleans like a broom, everything sweep, will soon be vacuum.
Sweeping + vacuuming = win

Sweep those few inches the vacuum can't reach and then vacuum it up so yo don't have to use the dust pan. This thread is strange.
Masonpwiley's got the right idea to some degree... if you were to sweep the whole house, and leave those deadly little lines... you could just come by with the vacuum and suck those b*tches up.

Downfalls: Imagine how frustrated you'd be if someone accidentally put the vacuum on blow.

That's how serial killers are born.

Also... I'll bet that some old lady either died of a heart attack because of the line of death, or slipped and fell trying to get it into the dustpan...

There's records somewhere.
Broom-ball, curling, soccer... not a part of this.

Edit: Actually... the cups coming up. Curling can be in this..

What exactly is Broom-ball?
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Mar 16, 2008,
Strangest thread ever.
My friend and I back in 8th grade had "sweeping the classroom floor after school ends" duty.
Easiest job ever imo.
Plus I got to wander around the class and pretend I was sweeping.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
You don't sweep your guitar, you wipe and polish it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

Owns your soul.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Those things are terrible. They barely work at all after a couple of weeks.

You know nothing!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by Fryer Mike
Do you own one? I do.... and I hate the damn thing.

Yes, I've had it for three years and it's never let me down.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Fryer Mike

We members of the pit should create a new dust pan without this annoying problem.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
We members of the pit should create a new dust pan without this annoying problem.

We'll make it out of titanium and awesome...

then it can't NOT work!