Ive been scrathing my head after I looked at the reviews for the Vox Valvetronics AD30VT. Many people say its a hybrid amp, some say its a tube amp and some say its neither. I need help! If I buy it will I need to keep changing the tube? Also, how durable is it if I need to bring it with me to places?

Ive been confused about tube amps for a while and Im stuck... help?
It's a damn good amp for the price. I think that the AD30VT is under 300 dollars. It has a 12AX7 tube in the power amp and a SS pre amp, so it is a hybrid. I love mine
it models other amps. Its hybrid so it only has 1 tube in the pre amp. You will have to change it every 2-3 years if not more, but a new 12ax7 is only about $15-50 anyways. Its easy to do.
dont waste ur money on this amp
save up that little bit extra and get a tube amp
i have the Ad30Vt and after a couple of months i realised it was not a good choice
sure it has heaps of different effects that mite keep u playing for a couple of weeks but it is not worth it
Quote by Soapboxhero
just get a tube amp man

The only other tube amp in that range that I have seen is the Palomino V16.

The Vox is a great amp. Whether or not it is a full tube.
cheers and the reason Im not buying a proper tube amp is because I am on a tight budget (as in I cant afford them)
but soapbox and zeppilin, what do you think is so wrong with the valvetronix?
Quote by The-Ben
but soapbox and zeppilin, what do you think is so wrong with the valvetronix?

Good question
well
nothing is ever goin to be as good as a tru tube amp
this one does have all the effects but to me its sounds very cheap and muddy
although it does have decent cleans..
u will not look back after buying a tube amp
Quote by .:|Zeppelin|:.
well
nothing is ever goin to be as good as a tru tube amp
this one does have all the effects but to me its sounds very cheap and muddy
although it does have decent cleans..
u will not look back after buying a tube amp

I own it and I like it. But if I had the money to get the tube amp that I wanted, and all the effects that I wanted, I would have bought it. It does really well for classic sounds and blues, which is what I play. It's not a metal amp. It's not gonna have the full tube sound. But it is still a very good amp.
hmm good point - well im going to go down to sound control and try some out, get nice clear picture in my head. Il try out these valvetronix and might pick out a couple of budget tube amps. Thanks guys. I love amp shopping anyway.
Quote by imgooley
The only other tube amp in that range that I have seen is the Palomino V16.

The Vox is a great amp. Whether or not it is a full tube.

I had a Vox AD30VT for my son to use. We sold it and replaced it with a Palomino V16. It was a tremendous upgrade, and we've never looked back.

In the UK, maybe the Laney LC 15 would be the choice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Valvetronix is pretty good IMO, the amp models are all pretty good (except UK 70s which sucks) and the FX are also pretty good (except Auto-Wah which sucks)

For practice or gigging on a tight budget, I'd say theu aren't a bad choice. I have to sell mine to afford driving lessons
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
god you lot, your making this hard for me... Any other amps for like around £200-230? More of a funk/classic rock/blues tone? Maybe a bit of hard rock?
There isn't all too much to be for that in the UK
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by The-Ben
god you lot, your making this hard for me... Any other amps for like around £200-230? More of a funk/classic rock/blues tone? Maybe a bit of hard rock?

Laney VC/LC 15? Epi VJ? Seriously, don't get a Valvetronix, cos you'll have realised you wasted your time and money on it in 6 months time.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
I just like to ask, so I get some insight, what do you thinks so wrong with valvetronix?
I quite liked mine when I first got it, but it's like any cheap practice amp. The novelty wears off, and you notice what's wrong with it more than what's right. It just sounds too harsh and digital for my tastes. It may be perfect for you, though. Go try one out.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.