Hey, I was just thinking back on my childhood hella gaming OoT, and I was thinking; just wow.

I mean I wouldn't say I'm a gamer by any means, but I've played games that I've though were unbelievable like Halo 1, Knight of the Old Republic, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye 007, other Zelda's like Majora's Mask, etc. but none of them ever matched up to Ocarina.

I mean, lately I've become obsessed with the music, it's like it triggers something in my brain that makes me feel like im a little kid again. Like ultra-nostalgia.

And it's like, all the movies, books, music i've ever read, watched or heard never had the same effect on me as that game, it feels like I actually experienced everthing that went on in that game.

Was it maybe something about the time period of my life that I played it? (I was in grade one... forget how old that is) but I've talked to some of my friends who've played it, and they agree that it had just as big as an impact on them.

Do any of you guys know what i'm saying?
Last edited by Zepplinne at Mar 16, 2008,
I know what you mean.
I feel the same way just because OoT is so f-ing awesome!
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
That game was awesome. Setting the N64 up, blowing in the cartridge to clear out dust, the music, the way you just can't judge the relatively poor graphics, as it's just such a great game ...
Quote by blue_strat
That game was awesome. Setting the N64 up, blowing in the cartridge to clear out dust, the music, the way you just can't judge the relatively poor graphics, as it's just such a great game ...

hah yeah, I remember having to blow my N64 cartridge every time I wanted to play
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I feel this way about the only gaming thread. also for the only zelda thread.

But FF7 has the impact on me.
Even though i can safely admit it's far from the best in the series.

Blasphemy. But yeah. FF7 and OoT were two very important games in my childhood.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
OOT was clearly the high point of that generation of gaming. Sure, there were other good games (Super Mario 64, anyone) but you can't top OOT.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Oh god. Me and my friends got really big on OOT is about 1st grade. Thinking about it reminds me of elementary school, and all my old friends. I'd forgotten how great that game really was. Ty for bringing that back to me TS.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
GoldenEye was a classic to. In my top 5 of FPSs for sure.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Oh, I definitely know what you're saying. I love that game, I love everything about it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
As much as I love OoT, has anyone played Tales of Symphonia? THAT game was fantastic, definitely in my top 3 favorite games of all time.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I feel this way about the only gaming thread. also for the only zelda thread.

But FF7 has the impact on me.
Even though i can safely admit it's far from the best in the series.

+348509238609820968028
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Sonicxlover
As much as I love OoT, has anyone played Tales of Symphonia? THAT game was fantastic, definitely in my top 3 favorite games of all time.

That is totally irellivent

Star Ocean owns all you nubs
Quote by Ichikurosaki
That is totally irellivent

Star Ocean owns all you nubs

I just got to thinking of old games I used to play. I recently started another playthrough of Tales, just as I have OoT. I did a speed run and got bored, but I did pull out the Master Sword in somewhere around 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
OoT has possibly the best game soundtrack ever. And it's one of the best games ever. I wouldn't have said that music was that important to a game but IMO it's what makes OoT just that little bit better than Twilight Princess. It just had a much more epic feel, partly due to the unbelievably awesome score.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
OoT, the most epic game ever to grace gaming ever. Epic story, Epic game play, Epic...Epicness.

No game has come even close to this game it is on a platform on its own.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5