Ok so i got an Ibanez EW30ASERLG (it actually looks a ton better than the picture) and i wanna replace the tuners and give it grovers. Now i was wondering what kind of grover tuners i need to get so i don't have to drill, because i don't want to take any risks with my acoustic... so which of these would i need? Locking or non-locking? oh and it's 3L 3R if you didn't get that vibe
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
It's 3L 3R full size rotomatic that you need. The holes for the set screws probably won't line up on your grover tuners but as long as you are using tuners with a sealed gearbox (closed back) you don't even need the set screws. I've been making guitars for 8 years now and have never had a problem not using the screws. I figure the less holes you poke in your guitar the better and my customers seem to agree.

In all honesty, I think updating tuners on that guitar isn't worth the money. I'd suggest getting a bone bridge, bone nut, and wooden bridge pins instead. At least that'll help you sound better. Grover tuners will just cost a lot of money and not help your tone at all.
Not taking any online orders.
care to give links on to specifically what i should get?
for pinsthese?
for bone saddle: this?
for bone nut which of these?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Last edited by aaron00lee at Mar 16, 2008,
I don't know the specific sizes for your guitar and I can't be arsed to look them up. You best bet is to look up the specs of your guitar online. You need to know how thick your saddle is, how wide your neck it as the nut, what string spacing you have, and how thick your nut is. If you are not sure how to find that info out then email stewmac or give them a call. They will be able to help you figure out what you need. Just remember, bone saddle, bone nut, wood (of your choice) bridge pins. They will be able to walk you through the rest.
Not taking any online orders.