I currently have 12-52's on my axe and im in drop D. I notice theres an AWFUL like of white noise while im playing and i think this is due to ring outs. Is this caused by the thicker strings? Because i notice even after i take my finger off the fretted note it keeps ringing.
What guitar?
What Pickups?
What Amp?
Are you running it through any pedals??
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
I've never had the problem of fat strings makingmore noise than intended. So im guessing it's something t do with your gear. Possibly the amp with the pedal. Do yo getthis noise when playing without going through the pedal?
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

Possibly is just your strings vibrating then, unless your pickups are ****ed.
What you need is a noise gate!!
Quote by shav0r

it's your technique. use your picking hand to mute other strings.
Practice and proper technique
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by Blackvelvet
Its just a Silvetone Apocalypse. The Pickups are Duncan designed., not sure what model. It is just a cheap practice amp. Im runnin it through a Boss ML-2 (Metalcore) Its a really fuzzy signal which i love. By the sounds of it its not the strings?

no offence, but that sounds like the crappiest set up ever
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
^Ouch that was harsh. I rather like it. Sure the guitar and amp could be bigger and better but considering my age its better then what alot of people have. Is there any guides on making your playing any less sloppy. Or should i have learnt clean playing when i learnt each technique.
Quote by Blackvelvet
Would tuning to C standard (which is how i beleive theyre mean to be used) would that stop the ring outs?

They're meant to be used in E standard.

So you still get the noise when you play clean, without effects? If so, it's your technique that needs improvement.
No. They were around before downtuning was popular. For downtuning, you need bigger strings; but you don't need to downtune just because you have big strings. I used 13s in standard before and it was fine. It's either your technique or something wrong with your gear. Hard to say for sure without hearing the problem in person.
no thats only if you want to play songs from bands such as.. killswitch engage, bullet for my valentine etc.
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her