Hey guys, how's it goin'?

I just bought myself a Regal RD-40 roundneck resonator, should be here in a day or two...
I was wondering if anybody here plays upright slide guitar (as opposed to laying the guitar flat on your lap). What brand/gauge strings do you guys use and how high do you have your action set for playing slide but still fretting here and there?

Thanks!

Tom
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I'd get 11 guage strings for starters. It's sort of the average "slide guitarist's strings". Then move on from there. And as for action it's personal opinion. On my guitars I use for slide I keep it at about average string height, but I use a relatively light slide so it doesn't really matter. It's up to you.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of putting 11's. I'm just afraid of getting fret buzz when I use a slide. I guess I'll have to wait for the guitar to get here to see how the action is set up on it.

Again, thanks!
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I just spoke to my former guitar teacher, who's considered one of the best slide players here in Israel. He recommended using a 0.012 gauge set but putting a 0.013 string on the high E. He plays squareneck so I don't know how good this would be on a roundneck. Anybody else do this?
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator