Page 1 of 4
Hey

Whats whith US and their the domestic beer most of time it's pretty flavour less and way to ''bubbly'' and you dont get drunk.

In Europe they label most if not every beer whith Alchol % Etc,but in the US i havent seen one can that labels the % ore anything ellse really..

Ive had

Budwesier

Budweiser Light

Miller

Miller Light

Corona(Although it's mexican beer''
EDIT:
Coors

Sam Adams

Etc..

The Only Beer that have gotten me drunk and have that rather Musty flavour

Have Been

Old English
Cobra
Colt .45

So whats up whith the whole Light beer attitude wher they say it only contais like xxx amount Calories never seen that in Europe it's like if your gonna drink a beer who cares how much calories it is and if your on a diet you shouldent be drinking Alcohol period.

Just wondering how much alcohol does Light beer and non light beer contain.
Last edited by I kill Children at Mar 16, 2008,
i totally i agree, i went there on national tour with my band, we drank so much backstage and stuff with all the beer companys sponsoring our tour, and the beer was just ****. german beer kicks backside tho
I'm not too much of a beer fan, but I like Grelsh(sp?), Tennents and Stella Artois. From my experience, Budwieser and Miller are pretty much undrinkable, but I recieved about 10 cases of each for my 18th last year =/
coors is the worst offender, it taste like fucking water, and corona seemd to be flat
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
I think most beers in the UK including bud are normally between 4% and 6% as a maximum. Not a fan of bud as a light beer, Sol is one of the nicest lighter beers I've tasted.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by cheese_weasel
I think most beers in the UK including bud are normally between 4% and 6% as a maximum. Not a fan of bud as a light beer, Sol is one of the nicest lighter beers I've tasted.

Most of the 'big' brands are. I got a bottle of something or other one Christmas that was 12%. Tasted of ass.
Not in a good way.
Quote by gallagher2006
I'm not too much of a beer fan, but I like Grelsh(sp?), Tennents and Stella Artois. From my experience, Budwieser and Miller are pretty much undrinkable, but I recieved about 10 cases of each for my 18th last year =/

I think you mean Grolsch. Which is the only beer I've ever been able to drink, but I only drink cider and gin now. (not together)
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
i never got the whole "light beer" thing either... i'm from germany so we don't have that crap here.

becks, Heineken, Jever and Holsten ftw!
The majority of American beer is **** IMO, but thats hardly a novel opinion.

I see all these american adverts for light beer and its usually marketed for men, but if you were to drink light beer here and you were a bloke, you would get the piss taken out of you.

But to be honest, they market WKD and other **** drinks for men here too, and most blokes would get laughed at for drinking them in real life.
well dude, all the beer you tried sucks, try some Abita, or even something like Sam Addams. And every can of beer I've seen has the %ABV written on it somewhere.

and yeah light beer sucks, the only thing it's really good for is getting shiifaced in a shorter period of time because it doesn't fill you up as much, but it tastes like ass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Beer Over 7.2%Usaly just taste of Alcohol nothing against it works fine if all you want to do is get drunk.

Here we have like 3 diffrent classes of Beer

Class 1 is 2.8%
Class 2 is 3.5%
Class 3 which is considerd the strong alcholic Beer which ranges from Minimum 5.2% to 12%

Class 1&2 is usaly what ppl here have to drink for like everyday when you have work lunch/dinner Etc.

Class 3 they dont sell in food stores just in Liqour stores.

EDIT:it's been like 2years since i actually drank American beer but i always had this on my mind,we have imported beer here where i live where the bottles say 4.0% on the Budwesier but i havent seen that when i was in the US on the bottles/cans.

ive had

Sam Adams
Coors

//
CoreysMonster
*E-High Five*
Last edited by I kill Children at Mar 16, 2008,
Quote by DanRev
The majority of American beer is **** IMO, but thats hardly a novel opinion.

I see all these american adverts for light beer and its usually marketed for men, but if you were to drink light beer here and you were a bloke, you would get the piss taken out of you.

But to be honest, they market WKD and other **** drinks for men here too, and most blokes would get laughed at for drinking them in real life.

I agree wholeheartedly, the American beer is so un-beer like and tatses so pathetic it's obvious they're only real customers are hairdressers, fat women and thirteen year olds, oh and, American men.

But if you look at the adverts - for American beer, WKD etc - you can see, that even though they show men drinking the crap, the advert is juvenile and designed to get children to drink it, it's awful. Those drinks are so pathetic, only thirteen year olds can get away with drinking it.

I just can't compare American beer to European beer - we've got the strong ales and ciders from Britain, the French have their lighter largers, my favourite is ESP, twenty four cans from £7; the Spanish have San Miguel - awesome; the Krauts and the Dutch have the best beer, though.

Cider > Beer.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by lolpopguy
i totally i agree, i went there on national tour with my band, we drank so much backstage and stuff with all the beer companys sponsoring our tour, and the beer was just ****. german beer kicks backside tho

European Beer > American Beer by miles (apart from French).

However, UK does the best beer. I've tried the majority of German Beer. It is awesome, I agree, but there are so many UK breweries that do so much nicer.

If you have never tried a Badger Ale, something from Wychwood Breweries, or anything real local, you will never understand.
Strongbow, Magners, Bulmers cider for me, John Smiths beer
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by CoreysMonster
i never got the whole "light beer" thing either... i'm from germany so we don't have that crap here.

becks, Heineken, Jever and Holsten ftw!

All the strongest beers I've ever had are British. I found the German beers so incredibly light
Quote by freddaahh
I agree wholeheartedly, the American beer is so un-beer like and tatses so pathetic it's obvious they're only real customers are hairdressers, fat women and thirteen year olds, oh and, American men.

But if you look at the adverts - for American beer, WKD etc - you can see, that even though they show men drinking the crap, the advert is juvenile and designed to get children to drink it, it's awful. Those drinks are so pathetic, only thirteen year olds can get away with drinking it.

I just can't compare American beer to European beer - we've got the strong ales and ciders from Britain, the French have their lighter largers, my favourite is ESP, twenty four cans from £7; the Spanish have San Miguel - awesome; the Krauts and the Dutch have the best beer, though.

Cider > Beer.

Yes Yes

America dosent have a solid Beer Culture like Europe does.*Peace*

Allso Strong beer isnt always the best if your looking for a good malty/hops taste man i dont know the english term for the ingridienst
Quote by I kill Children
Yes Yes

Allso Strong beer isnt always the best if your looking for a good malty/hops taste man i dont know the english term for the ingridienst

I've always known it as that.

And yeah, once you go Euro there's no going back
Quote by I kill Children
Yes Yes

yeah we do, theres a ton of good microbrew stuff here, the only stuff that's usually bad is the mass produced mainstream crap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've tried Budweiser and Coors Light from American beers. Both are pretty decent, I quite like bud. Corona is one of my faourites though, alongside Stella Artios.
Guinness ftw!
also, saint Patrick's day on monday(Y)
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
most of the mainstream american beers are crap, fizzy and tasteless. however the last few times i have been to the states i found microbreweries springing up all over the place, they seemed really popular as well. they sell good beer on tap brewed on the premises.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Pink_blood
Guinness ftw!
also, saint Patrick's day on monday(Y)

Ever tried the originals?

What they sell in the UK is not real Guinness (well, you can get the real stuff, but costs a fair do.) Look out for it!
Quote by beckyjc
Budweiser is the most disgusting vile beer ive ever tasted.

Thats where its at...

Yes for a can of wifebeater!

But guinness FTW
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Mainstream american beer sucks. Imo only the americans who've never tried real beer think it is good. Even the beer I'm getting here in Gabon (west africa) is better than Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. There is a wheat beer here comparable to Weizen (German bier) that really rocks. It's called Regab. We do however have some excellent micro breweries in the states that make good beer. Exposure, get some.
Attachments:
regab.jpg
Quote by cliff_em_all
Yes for a can of wifebeater!

Buckfast doesn't come in cans.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Pffft Brand is the best major beer company beer around.

But for a Rodenbach you can call me anytime, that's the best I've ever drank. But you'll either love it or hate it, that's the only choice you got with Rodenbach.

EDIT: ^^ also notice the great number of American beers in the 50 worst beers in the world http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Last edited by CrackAddict2000 at Mar 16, 2008,
Admittedly, the only american beer i've tried is Budweiser.
Not gonna do that again.
I don't really like beer. But I do like the odd pint of Bombadier (sp?) real ale. There's a free house up the hill that sells real ale, does awesome food too.

Oh, and its run by women.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Child In Time
Buckfast doesn't come in cans.

wtf?

Stella is teh wifebeather
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Page 1 of 4