Poll: bands getting together for one last gig?
Poll Options
View poll results: bands getting together for one last gig?
i like it.alot.
23 22%
i really dislike it.really.
3 3%
depends on the band.depends.
80 75%
Voters: 106.
i probably spellt 'reunions' wrong but thats not the point, the point is:
Do you(yes, you) think that band reunions similar to pink floyds reunion at live 8 and led zeppelins reunion gig are really good?
i was having a discussion with my friend and he said to me that in his opinion all band 'get-together-just-this-time-to-make-a-big-fuss' thingies are pretty lame, and he has ye to see a good one.
i disagreed, since i really liked the pink floyd reunion, even if it still was for like 4 or so songs.
anyway, whats your opinion? and would you like to see more bands re-unite for one last gig?also, name good/bad get together's of bands.

cheers
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

depends on the band i guess, if theyre big enuf to make a fuss good for them, give always nice to see them giving something to the fans
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I think it would be cool to see System reunite for one last album, and I would say Cream. But they had so much trouble being a bad that I don't think they could do another reunion.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Aftertime
depends on the band i guess, if theyre big enuf to make a fuss good for them, give always nice to see them giving something to the fans

+1
Classic and aged rock bands re-uniting is just annoying and seems very much of a cash-in. I'm talking to you, KISS. Pink Floyd and Led Zep gave their profits to charity and did one-off shows, which is good and seems as though they genuinely just wanted to enjoy playing together one more time.

Bands that haven't been broken up that long, or didn't overstay their welcome in the first place should get back together as far as I'm concerned. (I'm delighted that Rage are together and can only hope for a SOAD reunion.)

However, if bands continually break up and get back together (*cough* THE PIXIES, KISS AGAIN *cough*) then I think they should just remain broken up.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Jack_hertz92
Blink 182 !!!!!

+1000000

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Jack_hertz92
Blink 182 !!!!!

I hope you were joking..
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
I'm hoping for strapping young lad to get back together sometime soon, seeing as I've only started listening to them and they are killer! And would be great to see them play live.

EDIT: It was also good to see the original anthrax lineup reunite in 2005, although I missed it I hope that it happens again. Same with sabbat
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by stradivari310
+1000000

+1000001
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
I hope you were joking..

GTFO

Blink pwnz j0o
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
always nice to see them giving something to the fans

Give to the fans? Sell to the fans for £1bazillion more like. Rip off the fans if anything.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by metallica_death
I'm hoping for strapping young lad to get back together sometime soon

yeah a strapping reunion would be awesome
Sig space available, give me some praise
I think if the Jimi Hendrix Experience got back together, I'd probably give it a miss. Same applies to Joy Division, The Beatles and the Rolling Stones....

Oh wait, none of the Rolling Stones are dead...but to be fair, a couple of them SHOULD be
Its great when they do something, not just cashing in. Like Maiden and Priest.
I need to see SoaD before I die, so I'm all in favour.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by GiantRaven
Maiden broke up?

Well, Adrian and Bruce came back. Without that happening Maiden would probably either be dead or just be making average music.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I'm seeing At the Gates in July
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
I'm seeing At the Gates in July

im seeing them in about 7 hours
meh, if you are legends, stay legends
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by overgronE
im seeing them in about 7 hours

Pshhh, I'm seeing Iron Maiden in 7 hours.

I win.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Well of course we need a Jawbreaker reunion. Hopefully a lot of 90s emo bands have reunion tours, and also Pavement. Yeah, I usually like reunion tours.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 16, 2008,
I generally dislike one-off shows, and was very close to pressing the second option but if it occasionally leads to a new album or something it can't all be bad.
The "one-off" thing is usually for charity. I don't think you can argue with that.

And any other reunion usually results in at least 1 full tour.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Pshhh, I'm seeing Iron Maiden in 7 hours.

I win.

thats what i meant

i didnt read the At the Gates part...

ya i phailed...
Quote by overgronE
thats what i meant

i didnt read the At the Gates part...

ya i phailed...

Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3