I have this geography question that I need to answer and I need some ideas.

I basically need to explain whether sediment size increases or decreases towards the outside of a meander and why.

I was thinking that the size would decrease due to erosion at the outside of a meander, but then I started thinking about processes such as lateral accretion (where the eroded sediment is then carried and deposited at the inner bank) and got a little confused. Any ideas?
Bigger on the inside, 'cos the current isnt carring it as fast, so its not gonna get eroded as much..

/not having a clue
the sediment on the inner side will be bigger because the strength of the current of the inner side, is a lot weaker than on the outer side. this leads to the deposition of larger sized sediment on the inner bank of the meander.
sorry thats all i could remember, i did this back in high school, now its been replaced with all this aircraft pilot stuff i'm doing now
Quote by Freezer Burn
Wait, I thought geography dealt with maps and places????

For my GCSE coursework I had to do an assignment on footpaths
ah good old geography......

arism is right i think.....
because the bit of land on the inside of a meander gradually gets bigger make it harder for the river to move. During storms it gathers "force" and bursts over the land...
FORMING AN OXBOW LAKE.

i cant really explain it without drawings....
Top lel.
Quote by Innit
I have this geography question that I need to answer and I need some ideas.

I basically need to explain whether sediment size increases or decreases towards the outside of a meander and why.

I was thinking that the size would decrease due to erosion at the outside of a meander, but then I started thinking about processes such as lateral accretion (where the eroded sediment is then carried and deposited at the inner bank) and got a little confused. Any ideas?

Sediment size = bigger on outside, smaller on inside. Lower energy on inside = smaller size.
More sediment is deposited on the inside, as the current is slower.

Opposite on the outside.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...