Current Gear:

Marshall Rock Kit [£200]:

This contains a Strat copy and MG15CDR

Liberty SG Copy [£140]:

Tokai Love Rock LS-something-or-other (but it's a beauty and it rocks real hard) [£450]:

Digitech RP80 [£80]:

GEAR PLANS (in order):

Line 6 POD XT Live [£249]:

Some Good Marshall of some kind, possibly around £400-£600 Still researching.

ESP Eclipse-II ACSB [£1200]:
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I HATE to see myself say this, but an ESP like that really needs an ebony fretboard.....
I've currently got a 72 Telecaster Deluxe and a cheap Peavey practice amp, but plan on buying a new amp this year - either a Laney VC or a Marshall JCM900 are my current options
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
TS needs a new amp! Seriously, you shouldn't be getting that ESP until you get a new amp
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I've got a Peavey Valveking 112, Zoom G2.1U and Epiphone Les Paul 100

and planning to buy a
Fender Telecaster Thinline ('68) or a Fender Telecaster Lite Ash (with birds-eye maple neck)
Quote by cmakkidguitar
I HATE to see myself say this, but an ESP like that really needs an ebony fretboard.....
I've currently got a 72 Telecaster Deluxe and a cheap Peavey practice amp, but plan on buying a new amp this year - either a Laney VC or a Marshall JCM900 are my current options

i heard the JCM series kick ass.
I don't like fretboards/scratchplates or whatever you want to call them on my guitars, i took mine off my LP. Looks far better without it. I think the ESP is beautiful.

EDIT:
Quote by jxljxl
TS needs a new amp! Seriously, you shouldn't be getting that ESP until you get a new amp

If you actually read my post you'd see i will be purchasing a £400-£600 marshall BEFORE i get the ESP..
Please read before you post.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
^ Oh okay, sorry didn't see that because there was no pic
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Vauxite
i heard the JCM series kick ass.
I don't like fretboards/scratchplates or whatever you want to call them on my guitars, i took mine off my LP. Looks far better without it. I think the ESP is beautiful.

EDIT:

If you actually read my post you'd see i will be purchasing a £400-£600 marshall BEFORE i get the ESP..
Please read before you post.

Scratchplates i can understand, but a fretboard is a necessity on a guitar - i think you're getting confused. The fretboard is the bit of the neck that you play on - like this: http://www.elderly.com/images/fmic/30N/FASS1H-CHS-TREM_fretboard.jpg
They're made with several different woods and the one on that ESP looks like rosewood to me, but i think ebony looks better on those guitars. It's all personal preference really though
And yea, the JCM is looking like it might be the one for me....
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Modded Squire Strat
Roland Cube 30-x

Upgrading to some sort of £250-£300 tube amp, probably a Peavey Windsor or Valveking, but open to suggestions
Current Gear:

Gibson: SG Supreme

Gibson: Les Paul Supreme

Peavey: Rotor EXP

Dean: American Z

Epiphone: Goth Explorer

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads Pro

Ovation: Balladeer

Epiphone: EJ-200

Laney: VH100R

Ibanez: Toneblaster 4x12 Slanted Cabinet

Marshall: MG15MSII

Peavey: Studio 112

Boss: SD-1

Boss: CE-5

Boss: GE-7

Boss: DS-1

Line 6: Spider II

Epiphone: Valve Junior

Fender: Stratocaster '57 Reissue

Smokey Amplifications: Recycled Cigarette Pack Smokey.

Line 6: Toneport UX1

Mesa/Boogie: Studio Preamp

Peavey: Windsor 4x12 Cabinet

Ibanez: RG320

I have another Dean on order and might purchase another one today.

Maybe a Randall V2.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Scratchplates i can understand, but a fretboard is a necessity on a guitar - i think you're getting confused. The fretboard is the bit of the neck that you play on - like this: http://www.elderly.com/images/fmic/30N/FASS1H-CHS-TREM_fretboard.jpg
They're made with several different woods and the one on that ESP looks like rosewood to me, but i think ebony looks better on those guitars. It's all personal preference really though
And yea, the JCM is looking like it might be the one for me....

Rofl.. now I feel stupid, i should have known that XD

Ok, so what amp you guys reccomend, I want something that can give a hard rock sound like Guns N Roses but it has to be good enough to kick out Metallica style riffs too, any suggestions?

EDIT:

So you think this looks better?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Mar 16, 2008,
Ok, so what amp you guys reccomend, I want something that can give a hard rock sound like Guns N Roses but it has to be good enough to kick out Metallica style riffs too, any suggestions?

Not to hop on the bandwagon, but...

my VK112 can play GNR and Metallica well, with or without the external OD pedal.

Are you going to be gigging or is this home practice?
Johnson JG-610 Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Crate GT30
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP80
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Dunlop GCB-95F with Fasel (on the way)

Future Plans:
various new cables
Agile PS-924WE
ISP Decimator
Last edited by dudey5691 at Mar 16, 2008,
^^ Yea, i prefer that fretboard No worries, i knew where you'd got confused at least And it's all preference to you really, but that ESP and a good Marshall sounds like it would do the trick for you...
Bear in mind for tone though, that spending more on an amp and less on a guitar will generally get you better tone. I suggest looking at some Orange amps as well as Marshall
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by dudey5691
Not to hop on the bandwagon, but...

my VK112 can play GNR and Metallica well, with or without the external OD pedal.

Are you going to be gigging or is this home practice?

This is gonna be for gigging yup.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
^^ Yea, i prefer that fretboard No worries, i knew where you'd got confused at least And it's all preference to you really, but that ESP and a good Marshall sounds like it would do the trick for you...
Bear in mind for tone though, that spending more on an amp and less on a guitar will generally get you better tone. I suggest looking at some Orange amps as well as Marshall

Orange amps.. never heard of them to be honest, I'm a bit of a n00b with amps, been playing two years now and only ever had the amp I got with my first guitar.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
This is gonna be for gigging yup.

Orange amps.. never heard of them to be honest, I'm a bit of a n00b with amps, been playing two years now and only ever had the amp I got with my first guitar.

Look up the Orange Rocker 30 - sounds like it might be right up your street if you added a boost to it
Are you in the UK?

EDIT: Just noticed your location Yea, definitely look into the Orange or a used JCM 800 perhaps?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

My current gear (that I actually use):
Yamaha SBG200 - back from '84. May not be amazing, but I love the neck on it.
Orange Rocker 30
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Boss PH-3 Phaser

Plans:
An EQ for solo boosts, as I use my fulldrive for more gain...
Might sell the phaser and save up for a wah...
next big purchase will be a new guitar, not sure which one...
Ben
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Look up the Orange Rocker 30 - sounds like it might be right up your street if you added a boost to it
Are you in the UK?

EDIT: Just noticed your location Yea, definitely look into the Orange or a used JCM 800 perhaps?

Thanks bud
I'll check it out.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Thanks bud
I'll check it out.

No problem
The JCM 800 was used by Slash and loads of Thrash metal bands (boosted by an overdrive pedal or an EQ) so should easily get you Guns n Roses and Metallica
The Orange is said to be more Marshall sounding than an actual Marshall, so i'd look into that too
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Im currently using a Fender Stratocaster Standard (fender Strings all the way)
A Crate GLX212 (120watt monster of an amp which im selling...not enough room in the house

I want an amp thats smallish (around 30/40/45watts) thats good for classic rock/hard rock/funk/blues. Oh and a vox v847 wah pedal... god being a guitarists expensive...