I currently use D'dario 9's on my guitar (Fender Telecaster MIM), and it was set up for gauge nines.
But now I want to change to ten's, I like having more of a fight to bend strings, etc, and they hold in tune better aswell.
But my question is this:
How much of an adjustment will I have to make to my guitar, if any?
i think if you have a guitar with a fixed bridge that you wont have to adjust everything except maybe action and even thats questionable....
i personally play on ten's but its easier to play with 9' so im gonna change to the different gauge once these string break(or one breaks :P)
cheers
None really just might have to sort out the intonation, which you should do every time you change strings.
You can change from .9's to .10's without much adjustment except for intonation.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
in my experience moving from 9s to 10s did not pose much of a problem, but i dont have any fender guitars. because its such a small change, i dont expect there will be any problems.

the main problems when changing strings are: intonation, fret buzz and truss rod.

the intonation may go off slightly and is easy to fix, but use brand new strings and a really accurate tuner if you change the intonation.

because the strings are thicker, there may be some fret buzz which can be fixed by raising the action or filing down the fret, but im not quite sure that these are the best methods to fix a buzz; ask someone who knows for sure.

the truss rod will not need adjusting if you go from 9s to 10s, but if you drastically change gauge then you should see about adjusting the truss rod.

i only know how to do the intonation; i dont know exactly how to fix a buzz or adjust the truss rod (but the truss rod should be fine in your case).
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50