what are some jazz songs that a person that has never played jazz can learn. i was thinking about learning some jazz tunes to widen my playing ability
Minor Swing by Django Reinhardt! It rocks!
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Take Five by Paul Desmond..I'm learning that right now...not very hard but the rythem is a bit more challenging..
Get a copy of the real book, every song in there is worth learning.

Some songs worth learning in my opinion are Passion Dance, Green Dolphin Street, Afro Blue, Song For My Father, and Impressions (So What is in the exact same key and form as Impressions) and Bright Size Life which is a guitar piece.
fly me to the moon by frank sinatra
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Dookie92
Get a copy of the real book, every song in there is worth learning.

Some songs worth learning in my opinion are Passion Dance, Green Dolphin Street, Afro Blue, Song For My Father, and Impressions (So What is in the exact same key and form as Impressions) and Bright Size Life which is a guitar piece.

which 'real book' are you referring to? Im looking for a good real book to practise standards from.
i need to get a better signature.
I don't know, if you want to learn jazz, I think the best way to go is to actually learn how to play jazz rather than famous jazz songs.
Quote by MATTTHEMOP
which 'real book' are you referring to? Im looking for a good real book to practise standards from.

The Bible?

Now I think of it there are books of Jazz standards if you search Amazon, they'd give plenty of ideas
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
eww smooth jazz. the worst form of music.
it shouldnt be called jazz.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by MATTTHEMOP

The Real Book is a book of jazz standards.