I may be forced into a position where I would need to work full time at night. And study at university throughout the day? Anyone experienced this and how did they find it? its their a secret share your experience please!
That's insane man, I don't know how you're going to do that. Good luck.
mmmk.
huh?
Has anyone actually managed to do this, and if they have could they share some advice with me
Quote by sithian476
That's insane man, I don't know how you're going to do that. Good luck.

12 hours of class + additional homework

40 hr working week.

It can be done, I just feel I lack the organisational skills. Cutting down additional homework is almost certain to occur id say.
no and i never intend to.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
It would go something like

work 12am to 7am

5 hr sleep (ma classes start later)

school day 12-7ish

Nap

Work

Repeat

Weekend= Sleep
I've worked all throughout college, but I keep my work hours down to around 25/week; although second semester sophomore year I was up to 35hrs pretty much every week... it sucked, hard. But I was also taking 18 credits, so if you're only doing 15, which is the norm, it should be more than doable.
yea dude, what about studying for exams, doing homework, friends, family, relaxing, stuff like that? you wont survive. it sounds like a good idea, but you wont be able to do it, trust me it's not humanly possible. i hate to be a so full of cynicism and doubt but there's no way. your body will start to shut down after a while, you'll get sick really easily your grades will slip, work performance drop etc. i tried it, it doesn't work
Quote by BlackerSabbath
I've worked all throughout college, but I keep my work hours down to around 25/week; although second semester sophomore year I was up to 35hrs pretty much every week... it sucked, hard. But I was also taking 18 credits, so if you're only doing 15, which is the norm, it should be more than doable.

whats 18 credits i dont understand that? Im australian. 12hrs im required at university + assignments study etc etc etc
Quote by TheWildRide
whats 18 credits i dont understand that? Im australian. 12hrs im required at university + assignments study etc etc etc

Each class is 3 credits, and meets 2.5 hrs each week. So 18 credits is 15 hrs of class time each week. The average is 15 credits, 12.5 hrs per week. Note, thats just class time, not including homework and other stuff.
my sister works full time on the night shift and then has to keep a full load to keep a scholarship... my mom ends up doing a couple of her classes every semester hahaha
Quote by mrmarc772
my sister works full time on the night shift and then has to keep a full load to keep a scholarship... my mom ends up doing a couple of her classes every semester hahaha

lol nice, my mums a dumb ass but hahaha
you fail....theres a little thing called sleep, specially when it comes to midterms and finals and you have to pull alnighters even though they tell you not to. Trust me i can only do about 25 hours a week and study full time, because it really wears you down.
*reported*. You already made a thread about working goddamn night shifts.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
My university recommends no more than 20 hrs working a job in addition to uni work.

You may think it's "possible" but you WILL burn out and at that point you won't be able to work at uni or at your job effectively and you'll start to forget the things you'd already learned