Well basically i just restrung my guitar, and now if i play a chord on any one of the lower frets (1-5), there's a big buzzing sound!

HELP!

Haha thanks in advance!
your action is set too low for the strings you are using.
my advice is to adjust your truss bar a littlle higher..
but if you want strings that have good tone, don't buzz and have good playability, i suggest using Elixer extra lights. they are kind of expensive, but they last for a really long time because of the polyweb coating, so it's worth it
A Man Without Sorrow Is A Man Without Love
You changed to lighter strings didn't you?

Your truss rod is too tight. Loosen it a quarter turn and see if that helps. If it doesn't help loosen it another quarter turn. If that still doesn't help then you might need to let your guitar settle a little bit so play it for a while and then let it sit over night. If it still buzzes then loosen it another quarter turn.

Never adjust it more than half a turn in a 24hr period and never adjust it more than 1/4 turn at a time. If you try and go too much at once you can damage your guitar.

As a general rule if your guitar is buzzing from frets 1-7 you need to loosen the truss rod.
If your guitar is buzzing from fret 5 or higher then you need to raise your action (which means getting a new saddle) and tighten your truss rod. If the buzz seems somewhat random is only on 1 or 2 frets then you need your frets dressed.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by mufc_fan
Well basically i just restrung my guitar, and now if i play a chord on any one of the lower frets (1-5), there's a big buzzing sound!

HELP!

Haha thanks in advance!

Did it sound ok before you changed strings, and if so, did you change string gauges with the new set?
Did you wind the strings up properly at the tuners?
Did you notice if the nut was secure when you were changing the strings?

Before you go cranking away on the truss rod, and maybe wreck the guitar, check these things out first.
You changed to lighter strings didn't you?

This was my first thought also. Is it correct?
Quote by LeftyDave
Did it sound ok before you changed strings, and if so, did you change string gauges with the new set?
Did you wind the strings up properly at the tuners?
Did you notice if the nut was secure when you were changing the strings?

Before you go cranking away on the truss rod, and maybe wreck the guitar, check these things out first.

It sounded fine before I changed strings and I don't know if I changed string gauges as I changed the stock set of strings (on a Yamaha F310). I don't know if I wound the strings up properly, I basically followed the instructions from YouTube videos. And all the strings are in place on the nut although I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'secure'. Hope I've helped you find out whats wrong .

In regards to adjusting my truss rod, I used the method of pressing down my 6th string on the 1st fret and 14th fret to see if there is a 0.25 mm gap. There was no gap at all, so I'm guessing my truss rod is too tight! However when i try to loosen my truss rod it will not budge at ALL!

Also, I would like to point out that I did take of all the strings before changing (I cleaned my fretboard), so there is a chance my guitar neck could have warped, although I'm not sure what that means.
Quote by mufc_fan
It sounded fine before I changed strings and I don't know if I changed string gauges as I changed the stock set of strings (on a Yamaha F310). I don't know if I wound the strings up properly, I basically followed the instructions from YouTube videos. And all the strings are in place on the nut although I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'secure'. Hope I've helped you find out whats wrong .

Typical string gauges are .012's, .011's, .013's. Make sure you put on acoustic strings in one of these gauges. By "secure", I'm asking if the nut is still glued in place at the headstock. If it was loose, you would have noticed right away since you had all the strings off at once.

In regards to adjusting my truss rod, I used the method of pressing down my 6th string on the 1st fret and 14th fret to see if there is a 0.25 mm gap. There was no gap at all, so I'm guessing my truss rod is too tight! However when i try to loosen my truss rod it will not budge at ALL!

Your guess is correct. The neck relief(that .25mm clearance) is too close. But, it could be caused by improper string install, or too heavy of strings for that guitar's setup. Don't force the issue with the truss rod by trying to crank on it since it doesn't seem to want to move. For that, I'd bring it in and have a technician look it over and adjust it for you. He/she will lube it and make sure it's free then make the adjustment.

Also, I would like to point out that I did take of all the strings before changing (I cleaned my fretboard), so there is a chance my guitar neck could have warped, although I'm not sure what that means.

It does absolutely no harm to have all the strings off at once. Leaving them off for long periods of time could cause the neck to back bow, but not for a simple string change. No worries there.

Final recommendation: Save up $40-50 and bring it for a pro setup. Ask at the store for them to show you how to wrap the strings at the tuning posts. It's not hard at all once you learn how. Ask them to check what gauge strings you have on it now to be sure they are suitable for that guitar. They might suggest a different size that's better for that make/model. Once you have some of these basics under your belt, you can maintain your guitar yourself for nothing, get great results, and save headaches in the future.
Sorry if this all seems so generic, but attempting repairs via text is tough to do, for anyone.