OK so in an act of stupidity and chance, my high E string broke.... about a week and a half after replacing the strings. What should I do without wasting strings? They cost moneys. What I want to do is take a high E out of a new pack and save the other strings and when it comes time to replace strings I'll just replace the bottom 5 and keep the high E on twice as long. I'd save the strings in a little baggie in the meantime.

My question is, would the strings begin to oxidize while they're in the little plastic baggie and when I get around to using them, will they already be rusted?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
seriously, strings are cheap, just buy a packet

you can keep the other strings till later, but its sorta pointless imo
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Homer- D'Addario 10s with no special coating or anything

Snapple- yeah I bought a 10 pack of them but I just have a certain mentality to not waste stuff, you know? I'd just feel not right throwing away the bottom 5 strings after only a week and a half of use.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
If you're skimping on the costs of strings, you need a reality check. You live in California, not Ethiopia.

Look, if you change one string, it'll sound great, but the rest will sound tired and dull. Not to mention the logistical difficulties of only changing 1 string at a time, in that you'll have single strings hanging around all over the place.
Dont strings come in paper envelopes?I usually wipe mien down after playing and I've had strings last me quite a long time and even then when I change them they're still kinda twangy.
Quote by webbtje
If you're skimping on the costs of strings, you need a reality check. You live in California, not Ethiopia.

well to be fair, I'm 16 with no job and a girlfriend

yeah... ill just do whatever, it doesnt really matter
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100