well, i use to write rock songs kind The Vines-like and Foo Fighters-like, and balad songs kind The Beatles-like and AVA-like, but, since 2 months ago, i've wanted to write a heavy metal song, inspired in the Jonestown massacre, but i got no lyric ideas, i wanna make a very terryfing song. so, can u help me people?
just look at the lyrics your fave band write for ideas
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
if its purely advice on lyrics you want then i would recommend using grotesque metaphors and imagery, maybe take (violent) stories etc from ancient scripts a la iron maiden.

try not to just create imagery -- try to tell a story and try to make people care, so for example if youre talking about a massacre, dont talk about the thousands of strangers that die; talk about the innocent little boy or girl that was in the wrong place at the wrong time, dying with everyone else, and maybe talk about the judgement of the killers or the predicament of the world at the end.

that's just what springs to mind right off the top.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Stop saying - like
Quote by punkextremest
Steve owns it again lol

Quote by Steve The Plank
I always own it, you know that.

Good old Steve =D
Watch a few horror movies, listen to creepy ass chamber music, read a copy of the Necronomicon and drink lots of caffeinated beverages. If you can't come up with violent and disturbing lyrics after that then there is something very wrong with you.
Quote by slayerofsouls
Watch a few horror movies, listen to creepy ass chamber music, read a copy of the Necronomicon and drink lots of caffeinated beverages. If you can't come up with violent and disturbing lyrics after that then there is something very wrong with you.

ok, i'm gonna do it
Personally, I think using arcaic language is much cooler than voilent images.
yes this last guy speaks the truth. try to make it sound like a verse from the bible you know? on a literal level. "thee" you know, that kinda crap