Question.

Ever come close to suicide, and became extremely lyrical? As if severe depression allowed you to be really lyrical? Used words you've never used before, used metaphors you could never have contemplated.

Just a simple question, I don't expect a "Suicide's for pussies" post, so don't give me one, please.

I've only come close to suicide 1 or 2 times, but before I would actually act upon my thoughts I'd become really expressive. as though it granted clarity of the mind.

Anyone else been in similar situation?
I've never been suicidal or even close, but I will say depression has brought out some of my better poetic qualities.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i have like a lot... ive been close to suicide a ton and all my best stuff is from those times

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Same here.

same as when someone makes me really angry, or some form of an extreme emotion. Instead of releasing physicaly or verbally, lyrics seem to be much much stronger.
coming close to suicide, i would think, suggests an extreme emotion at work, and when any emotions are "cranked up" i think writing lyrics comes easier, because youre not in equilibrium and writing lyrics helps to balance things out again, or organise your thoughts.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
I've come towards suicide twice, both over the same thing (I'm not going to go into detail about it), and this happens to me, too.

One of the times, I wrote a poem.
The other time, I wrote an entire song.

I think, though I didn't share either the poem or the song with anybody, that I used it as a medium to be 'heard,' so it was much easier to be expressive.
yeah, i've been suicidal for quite some time now.
and i get pretty lyrical as well.
i've got about three notebooks filled with "lyrics" that i've written over the years.
they're mostly just poems and aphorisms, actually.
i've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and i refuse to take any medication.
the best i can hope for is that i get better on my own.
I've written some of the best lyrics during some of the worst times of my life.
Its just all the emotions and pain that i can channel them all through into words.

But sometimes it even blocks out my mind. Where i can't of anything but the pain, it becomes disastrous. I can't think of anything to write and its gets more frustrating...
yeah i find it the same way...
when you down, depressed, sucidal
it just comes easier and sounds better
weird how that works
I'd say extreme emotion is more of a catalyst for good lyrics than near-suicidal status. You can't sing if you're dead though, which is somewhat of a flip side to it.

I generally write best when I'm writing about a real-life event that's happened to me, and I reacted strongly to it.
lol writing lyrics kept me from trying when i was at the lowest moments.
id write like the most depressing stuff then be like man, i need to put some music to that and play my guitar and after a few hours of making the song whamo i forgot that i was so depressed i was gunna die.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by Sheepbane
lol writing lyrics kept me from trying when i was at the lowest moments.
id write like the most depressing stuff then be like man, i need to put some music to that and play my guitar and after a few hours of making the song whamo i forgot that i was so depressed i was gunna die.

That's how I feel

All my best stuff comes from depression, but I don't stay depressed for long after that ^^
Sometimes when I'm really emotional I'll carry a pen around and scrawl stuff on my arm.
I wouldn't say my best stuff has come from being pre-suicidal, but being near to it (noose on, in the tree, just had to move) has given me stuff to write about.
The medium is the message!
Just look at Ian Curtis.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Oh defiantely. I write so much better when depressed or sad. Seriously.
(\__|)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain World Domination.

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Sig this if you think most new popular music sucks.
Suicide's for pussies.

Anyway, I personally can't write at all when I'm in a state of high emotion. I gotta be in the cool of the library for that shit. So no. For me, feeling like suicide isn't conducive to good writing.
ρ