I have been looking at different amps for about 2 months now. I play Classic Rock like Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother, Pink Floyd, and some newer soft rock. Right now I plan to buy an Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer and a new amp. The models I am looking at are the
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v32-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487828
and the
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V50112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487054
So people of the Guitar Gear and Accessories Forum Help me.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Those two amps would be worth testing side by side. Crate used to make the palomino series, if i'm not mistaken, and the palominos and crate v series look to be identical. I can't say whether they are the same amp from personal experience, though...

EDIT: A quick look at the specs show that the crate uses 6L6 power tubes while the palomino uses EL84s, so it looks like they aren't exactly the same.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Thanks Kyle I have played both side-by-side and couldnt really tell the difference.

I should have added I have an Epiphone Sg and a Gibson s1
Well, if you've played both side by side and narrowed it down to those two, then your work here is done. Just go with the one that you liked best. We can only give your our opinions on them.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The 30w will sound more British because of the EL84s as opposed to the 6L6s, and so I'd rather have that for that kind of Led-Zeppelin-y-kinda-tone
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
thanks mr carrot. When i played them both I had to play a guitar with EMGs and I was having trouble telling the difference.
I dont really want to buy somthing over 500 so as of right now I am going to buy the Palomino after I sell my Marshall Mg50.
Out of those two I think the 32 looks like a safe bet. You'll get a bit more breakup which is great for Zep, and probably still enough headroom for convincing Gilmour clean sounds. And the Blues Custom doesn't seem like a bad idea either, though you're still usually better off buying used.